Chapter 40

I'm so nervous. I'm sure I planned everything right... I checked with Scott to make sure the restaurant is okay... and I cleaned my room like 5 times...

I put on my nicest pair of black jeans and a nice tee to wear under my letterman.

I got this.

I drive to his house and park in his driveway. Should I go up to the door and knock? Nah. Too forward. I'll just text him...

He comes out before I finish typing my text. He gets in the passenger side and smiles at me.

"Hey, cutie."

"Hi, Clyde. Are we all set?"

"I think so. You have everything you need?"

"Yeah."

I drive us to our fancy dinner destination.

When we arrive at the Olive Garden, I tell the host about our reservation and we take our seats. A cute booth next to the window.

I love Olive Garden because you can act like it's fancy even though it's not.

We get our drinks and look at the menus. I'm excited for them to bring out the breadsticks. I fucking love the breadsticks.

When the breadsticks arrive, I hurry to grab one. "I loveeee the stickksss"

I start devouring it. Scott is laughing at me. Why? Did I do something funny?

I turn to see the waiter still standing there. Just watching me destroy the breadstick.

He politely smiles. "Are you guys ready to order?"

Scott tries to order through his laughter as I finish chewing. Once the waiter is gone, Scott breaks down laughing. He even does that cute little snort.

"Pff- I can't believe you did that-"

"He shouldn't have just stood there! I was clearly busy!"

"He asked you if you were ready to order as he set down the breadsticks but- hahaha- you just started destroying one. He looked so confused."

I start to laugh too.

We laugh for almost 5 minutes straight. Whenever we would stop, one of us would start again, causing the other to break down.

My stomach hurts from laughing so much and I think my eyes are watering. I haven't laughed like this in forever.

We eventually calm down enough to eat our food.

Scott excuses himself to the bathroom to do his shot while I cover the bill. He offered to pay but I insisted.

Once we both finish up we go back to the car.

Now it's time for the part I've been most nervous about.

I've never done it with another guy before but...  I'm kinda excited to see what kinds of faces he'll make when I ram into him.