Chapter 49

After we both clean up, Scott heads home. I wish he could stay with me. If we lived together then I could sleep with him every night.

Everything seems so perfect. The worlds colors seem brighter and I've been the happiest this past couple weeks than I've been in years.

The happiness worries me. Nothing can be this good. It's too good to be true. Somethings gonna happen. Just like with Bebe. Nothing ever works out for me. Should I start preparing myself for the worst?

I sit in bed with my anxieties. I keep thinking about the breakup essay.

I can't sleep.

-

On Monday I get to the library early to see Scott. It's international frozen treat day or something so the library is handing out fruit flavored popsicles.  

The rule is you can't eat them near the books. Scott and I sit at the tables together to enjoy our treats.

I unwrap mine. It's red. That could be many flavors.

I lick the top a few times to try and figure out it's flavor. I think it's strawberry. Which is good, I hate cherry.

I look up at Scott. He's staring at me, and his face is red. What's wrong with him?

"Hey. Scott? You in there? Are you zoning out or something?"

"Oh... I uh... I..."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..."

We eat our popsicles. Scott bites his and I slowly lick mine to enjoy it for longer. Once Scott is done he just sits there.

"Scott? Don't you have work to do?"

He looks at me with a serious face. "There is absolutely no way I can stand up right now."

"Why? What's wrong?"

He puts his head down and sighs. Are his legs hurt? I peek under the table to see if he is sitting weird and that's when I realize.

He can't get up because he's hard. And with a monster like that in his pants, he can't just hide it.

"Woah... what happened?"

He lifts his head and frowns at me. "You mean to say you weren't doing that on purpose?"

"No? Doing what?"

He sighs. "You were licking and sucking on your popsicle while looking at me... it reminded me of what we did over the weekend..."

Oh? I was able to get him hard by eating a popsicle?

"Just forget about it... it's really embarrassing..."

"It's cute, Scott. I'll take that as a sign that my technique was good?"

"Shut up..."

Craig practically spawns behind me. "Hey! What are you two lovebirds up to?"