Chapter 70

Scott is just about to leave when we find him.

"Clyde? You're here! Are you feeling better?"

"No. Worse actually. Come with us, let's all sit somewhere so I can explain the situation."

Scott grabs my hand. "We can use the book room. I haven't returned the key yet."

I sit down in the book room and catch my breath. I was so nervous about going to school today that I forgot to take my pain killers.

Craig sits across from me on the floor. "What's going on?"

"Dave told my coach that I was the one who beat him up and broke his arm. He kicked me from the team but he's willing to give me 2 days to prove my innocence before it gets put on my permanent record and ruins my future."

"Jesus Christ dude..."

"Yeah. So I need to figure out how to prove that I didn't do it. I have you two as eye whitenesses, and I have my medical reports. Any ideas on what else I could do?"

Craig takes out his phone. "I'll text Tolkien. He has security cameras all around his house, I'm sure one of them caught something. Dave doesn't know you and Tolkien are friends so he probably wouldn't expect you to get this kind of video evidence."

"Okay. Good idea."

"He responded fast, just like always. He says he will look at the footage when he gets home and then he will call you."

"Perfect."

"I'll see if I can't get his two friends to talk. I'm pretty sure I have one of them added on Snapchat from a while back..."

I turn to Scott. He's being really quiet. "Scott? Everything okay?"

"Mmm... I don't know. I kinda feel like this is all my fault. Not just for getting drunk but for going after them... this could ruin your future and it's all because of me..."

"Don't give yourself so much credit. You didn't fuel them. They have always had it out for me. I had a feeling they would want to ruin my life eventually."

"You're staying incredibly calm..."

I grab his hand. "I guess its cause you're here with me..."

Craig groans. "Gay people...."

He says this as if he isn't gayer than I am.

Scott squeezes my hand. I look up to see him blushing. Is he flustered because of what I said? Something so small can make him blush. That's fucking adorable.

I guess I am pretty gay.