Chapter 59

A bet? With him? No way.

"I find it funny that you think I would agree to bet on anything with you after you admitted to wanting to ruin my life."

"Then think of it as an experiment. I think you'd be interested to see its results."

"The fuck are you going on about?"

"He followed me here and I think I know why. Take a step away from him."

"No."

"You're not making this any fun."

"I won't sit back and watch you fuck around with my drunk boyfriend."

"Hmm..."

He takes out his phone and returns to his corner. I guess he lost interest. 

I gently shake Scott. "Hey... Can you get up? We should get out of here."

He shakes his head. How is he so drunk? He is barely conscious. 

Scott shifts around and sits up slowly. He places his hand on his head. Is he in pain?

"Clyde..."

"Yes, Sco-" He walks past me.

"Clyde... Why did you come in here..." He stumbles over to Dave.

"Scott. That's not me."

Scott smiles up at David. "Silly... I remember your mask!"

He puts his hands on Dave's shoulders. I can't stand watching this.

I get up and pull Scott away. Dave smiles. "My theory was right, he followed me here thinking it was you."

"Glad you're amused. I'm leaving now."

"Get off me!" Scott pushes me away and walks back to Dave. He is acting like a dog. It's nice that he's trying to run back to me for safety but that's entirely the wrong person.

Dave laughs. "He's so drunk. Did you spike his drink or something?"

"Very funny."

The door opens behind me. Two guys who used to be on the football team walk in. They got kicked off for bad behavior. "Clyde, our old captain."

"Great. Just what I needed. More assholes." I start moving towards Scott again.

The two boys stop me. "You know, Clyde. We would still be on the team if you hadn't snitched on us."

I roll my eyes. "It's your own fault for abusing your title. You two kept beating people up. I don't know what you expected."

"We expected our captain to have our backs."

"Too bad. I will never take the side of a fucking bully. Move."

They smile at each other and grab my arms, pulling me back to the other side of the room. I'm too dizzy, I can't get a good foothold against them.

I look up at Dave. "Dave. Did you call them here? This isn't going to look good to the coach if you make these two guys hurt me."

"Oh? Well, too bad. You have to promise to keep quiet."

"Why the fuck would I make a promise like that?"

Dave pushes Scott onto the bed. "You either let them do what they came here to do and stay quiet about it, or the three of us take the pretty boy for a spin."