6- Bound

Amato isn't surprised when Catra silently enters his study and sits opposite him. What surprises him is her request.

‘Teach me magic’

His brow furrows, and a bit of his dark fringe fell back into his emerald eyes. He blows it away, and answers.

‘Okay….Oh! Me and C'yra will come up with a list of activities you can try, choose your favourites, blah blah blah, and voila, a life’

Theres silence for a moment, before a small giggle escapes Catras mouth.

Then, they both start laughing.

------

C'yras fingers tugged gently on the dark tresses as she braided the feathers In. Catra didn't react. Instead, she was tapping her nails rhythmically on the coffee table, humming to a song she recognised as one of their kingdom anthems.

‘Enjoying yourself?’ she teased.

Catras cheeks burned red as she attempted to deny her enjoyment of her new life. ‘N-no! am not!’

C'yra rolls her eyes and continues massaging her finger though the sleek locks of chestnut. Catra picks a chicken samosa from the plate of front of her and dips it in the sauce.

It made her sad how little Catra knew about Halfmoons culture. Like the ribbon dancers, the food, the clothing, the traditions, etc.

But that meant there was so much for her to learn. Which was the bright side of things.

Catra continued eating once C'yra had finished with her hair. The queen was proud of her work, and paraded Catra around for ages.

Lyric and Aeris both used this time to tease her, to which she teased back.

Despite her happiness, Catra knew something, well, someone, was never going to become a part of this. Adora. her Adora.

But for once, she didn't mind. Adora was safe. Hordak would fall. Scorpia and Entrapta were free from her.

She was happy.

But it quickly turned to annoyance when Amato declared a holiday to Mystacor. Two weeks in Mystacor. Two weeks of Princess Glitter clouds aunt Castabilities or whatever her name was.

It was exasperating.

--------

C'yra was lounging on a plush red armchair in the quaint palace foyer when Amato entered with an absent minded smile etched on his face.

‘…..Who let you out of your cage…’

Amaro glared at her, yet the smile stayed.

‘My love for you, dearest' He added a wink afterwards. C'yras fur suddenly felt overwhelmingly warm. Damn, she thought, even after 23 years of marriage he still is smooth.

She rolled off of the chair, and kissed him on the jaw. ‘Be a good boy and behave'

He gasped, and swooned frivolously. She snickered at the redness heating across his bare shoulder, which was oddly noticable in contrast to his dark complexion.

C'yra entered the dining room still smirking triumphantly. Her eyes ghosted over the deep red, velvet table runner, which was piled high with delicous foods for their last dinner in Halfmoon for two weeks.

She was honestly jealous of Lyric getting to stay behind. It would only be her, Amato, Catra and Aeris on this mind numbingly boring trip.

But at the same time she wanted to help Catra train.

‘Mama!’

She spun around to see Aeris and Catra wrestling on the corridor floor, right outside of the dining room.

C'yra snorted loudly and jumped down beside them.

‘What in purrsia did you do that made Miss Lizzie over here pounce? What did I tell you about provoking bears!’ She poked Aeris affectionately on the nose.

‘I told her she looks like a dumpster raccoon that died of shame!’ The younger magicat complained.

‘I can see the resemblance'.