S2 - Unexpected allies in the corner

By the time night fell, Catra had figured out a way to escape whenever she needed to.

But she still needed to figure out the layout of Pucas palace, and she wondered if C'yra was being kept here somewhere.

She hoped so.

She eventually got to her feet, and easily cut through the bars with her claws.

Her mouth still throbbed with pain, but she ignored it.

She stepped over the untouched bowl of mush they had given her to eat, and practically pranced down the steps outside of the room.

It was easy getting through the palace, as all the guards were in the west wing, while she was in the east.

She crept through empty corridors and vacant work rooms.

Until she eventually arrived outside the prison.

The keys were still in her bra, she had nicked them from the fairy who had come to give her dinner and had wanted to mock her.

It was quite easy summoning a little bird to steal the keys and hide in the corner until the fairy had left.

But the small bit of magic had drained her considerably, proving her training fruitless.

She unlocked the prison door, and stepped inside.

It was a wide room, stone walls. It was halved by a line of bars right in the middle. Too close together for anyone on the other side to escape.

Catra unlocked the cell and stepped inside.

C'yra sat pouting in the corner, and looked up with a glare when she heard the keys jingling.

But the moment she saw it was Catra, her whole demeanour changed.

She lept across the room and pulled Catra into a tight embrace.

"My sweet baby. Oh, mi niña. Todo esta bien." she whispered. "Mi princesa. I'm so sorry, baby. Please forgive me. I'm here now, Catra. I love you so much, mi vida.’

She saw the lack of tongue Catra had, and with a spark of purple, it regrew just as it had been before the Glaistig had cut it.

Catra sobbed into her shoulders, all previous tension swallowed by the moment.

‘Mami…’ She choked out.

It was just them.

Just a mother. A daughter. And unspoken words.

When they finally pulled apart, C'yra cupped Catras face with both of her hands, and gave her a weak smile.

‘Mi niña…You have grown so much..’

Catra leaned into C'yras touch.

‘I…I missed you…We all did...’ Catra replied, trying and failing to hold back the tears.

‘I missed you too baby’ C'yra cooed.

Another few moments of silence pass, then C'yra pulls Catra to her feet and hugs her tightly.

She smiles under the realisation that while Catra may have grown, she was still a head shorter then her.

Catra sniffles quietly, and looks up at her.

C'yra sighs through her smile, and kisses Catra on the forehead.

'You need to fill me in on everything, kitten'

'I will'

'But first, What bastard cut out your tongue? Because I need names honey I'm going to beat the living shit out of someone' C'yra announces.

Catra laughs weakly.

'Puca and a woman he labeled as Glaistig...She didn't really seem keen to do it...' She admits.

'I swear in Dagdas name, Puca will never lay a hand on anyone again once I get ahold of him.' C'yra snarled.

Catra smiles, and leans further against C'yra.

'Now, how about we escape?'

C'yra takes her hand and prompts her to draw a symbol in the air.

A little light emitted from Catra's fingertips.

She gaped, and her eyes glittered with delight as she led then out of the cell, out of the prison, and through the long, dark hallways of Pucas palace.

C'yra walked alongside her proudly.

Dark figures reached out from the walls, Pucas shadow soldiers, but could not get near due to the light surrounding them.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps from behind them.

They both turned, ready for battle.

Only to be surprised to see Lilith standing there in a white, blood stained gown.

'I did it' She heaved, 'I slit the throats of the unseelies, fuath and the formorians. I did it. You needn't worry for the Blood Moon anymore.'

'Come with us, Lily, you can escape his clutches!' C'yra pleaded.

'I'm sorry, but Puca has just about realised what I've done. I'll stay here, I will delay him while you escape. Goodluck, friends, I'll see you on the other side eventually'

She raised her hands, making a symbol while a sad smile adorned her face. A tidal wave burst from her palm, shoving them to safety.

While she stayed behind to face the angel of her nightmares, and demon of her dreams.
----------------
Angella paced the clearing worriedly.

But was snapped out of it when Micah ran to her yelling happily.

‘What is it?!’ She exclaims.

‘Angie! Glimmers back! She knows Catras plan! And they have three defected Horde soldiers and an alien cat who they are calling Melog!’

Angella laughs aloud in delight, then darts into the sky toward the main area, wings outstretched.

She swoops down over the others and traps Glimmer in a hug.

‘Ugh! Mom!’ Glimmer groans, but shes smiling.

‘I'm so glad you're safe, Glimmah’ Angella whispers, holding Glimmer close, just as she had before they had drifted apart all those years ago.

But then, Adora spoke up.

‘Where is Catra then…?’

They all turn to Glimmer.

‘She….She saved me…she saved us all’ The guilt eloquent on Glimmers face is enough to make it clear to Angella that she blames herself.

‘But she has a plan. She always does. The moment she sets her mind on something, she will not stop until everything is right.’ Melog declares, though no one other then Seahawk, Mermista and Swiftwind understand.

And so they repeat if for the people who don't.

But they could only hope for everything to be alright.