44 - Crowned Promises

Lyrics heart swelled with pride upon the sight of her sister.

Catra was dressed in sleek white and gold robes that were loose on her body.

A golden belt reading the three pillars held around her hips.

Her hair was down, and thrown over one shoulder.

It was time for the ceremony.

The princess alliance were seated on the back balcony of the imperial palace, overlooking the ceremonial forest clearing.

It was a sacred area, therefore only magicats were permitted entry.

The small crowd that had gathered fell back into the trees when Catra herself appeared.

All except Gata, a guardess who had served the previous empress for the past nine years.

Catra sat on her knees before her, as Gata painted something onto her face while the other magicats did some kind of tribal dance and song in the dark shadows of the trees.

‘Ut Compassio, Ut honestus, et fortis Passioni deditus’ Catra says as she curtseys. she has stood now.

She turns to the crowd, a determined expression celar on her face.

‘I, Empress Elizabeth Catra D'riluth am officially the sworn protector of my Empire. I shall be the shield and the sword of the empire. And in the name of honor, passion and strength, I will bring victory to our lands! Ut Compassio, Ut honestus, et fortis Passioni deditus!’

The crowd bow, but almost immediately after, Fajr ‘s voice comes over the crowd.

‘and in the name of our new Empress, let the festivities begin!’

The next few hours are full of dancing, delicacies and dramatics.

Catra barely enjoyed anything other then her dance with Adora.

She noticed that Naeva wasn't there. She wondered why.

Aeris and princess Frosta are eagerly chatting in a corner, Lyric and Perfuma are discussing plants, and Mav and Seahawk are wailing sea shanties at the top of their lungs.

She stiffles a laugh.

Angella and Castaspella approach her at one point, so does Entrapta and Scorpia.

Catra smiles and agrees and curtseys. The charade was getting tiring.

Eventually though, Catra finally escapes the ceremony party, and makes haste for the infirmary.

She sits quietly by Amatos bed.

An idea pops into her head, but she doubts it'll work…

She places her hand over his chest.

‘Emaculo quid est quod et flori decidenti’

Nothing.

She sighs and leans back.

She felt stupid for even considering something impossible.

She stares down at Amato for a while longer, thinking of the events that led to her becoming Empress so early.

Her eyes darkened.

Her whole body glows with power as she turns to leave.

She shoots him one last glance, followed by five words of an oath.

‘I will avenge you all.’

And she was gone.