S2 - Lost And Caught

The Verena Xalia landed three days later.

Catra decided to begin her mission in Krytis, seeing as it was closer, and she could see a heat signal on her trackerpad.

She stepped onto the uneven terrain, her hair floating behind her.

She wandered about the planet, and to her horror, she found a small fleet of broken down forces with the insignia of Horde Prime.

She shuddered, and turned toward a structure in the distance. The heat signal on her trackerpad grew stronger.

She felt a tinge of fear as it gained on her.

Suddenly, she was stopped by a large wall. Apparently, km the trackerpad it must've seemed to be a door, as the heat signal had gone right through it no bother.

She unsheathed her claws, and made four deep cuts in the material, and then kicked it off.

'There, a door' She muttered to herself.

She stepped over the clean cut remains of the wall, and stepped into another hallway just the same. For a moment, it was quiet.

Then, a large creature with the silhouette of a person appeared before her.

She hissed as a war cry, and pounced on them.

The two stumbled to the edge, as to which the creature replied by rolling to the side and they both fell.

Catra screamed as she twisted in the air, before landing with a loud crack.

'Ugh...' She groaned in pain as she moved up.

And to her fear, the creatures face was right in front of her.

She made a small startled yelp, and her nose twitched when a small glowing thing fluttered by her.

'Aah...Aaahh....' She followed her panicked noises with a sneeze.

The creature stopped, and stared at her.

Then to her surprise, it imitated her sneeze exactly right.

'Heh...?' She sneezed again.

It copied her again.

'Čalyria'

'Huh?'

It didn't speak again, and she cautiously allowed her hand to pet it on the head delicately.

It purred and leaned into her touch.

Slowly, she let go of her fear.

'My name is Melog, Friend.'

She smiled.

'I see you are confused.'

'You're right. What does Čalyria mean?'

'Catra, is it? Čalyria is the Kyrtian and Xaliaon variation of Catra.' Melog leaned more into her hand, then moved their head to her chest, rubbing against her clavicle and purring loudly.

'Why are you here alone? If you don't mind me asking?'

'Horde Prime and the Eternians battled over ownership of Krytis, my home planet. Xaliaons protectors, Empress Éiru fought hard, and wounded Prime severely. He stepped down from Xaliaon, and slowly retreated from Krytis. But the damage was done, and the first ones were still here for many awful years. They poached my family, and everyone around me for our magic which comes from our hearts, and our eyes.'

'Oh my Freyja....I swear Melog, We will avenge your family and species. I promise you. Horde Prime will be gone and I will bring Eternia to ashes.' Catra announced.

Melog seemed to smile at her and leaned further into her.

'How about we return to my ship tonight? If you're comfortable with it. Tomorrow I'm going to Xaliaon.' She smiled back at them.

'You're not leaving me behind!' They said excitedly, and padded on ahead.

She grinned and followed.

She wasn't going to be on this mission alone.

----------------------------

Adora sighed, and got up.

She hadn't heard from Catra yet, and it had been three days.

She slipped from the bed and glanced at Glimmer and Bow, who were still asleep, but she smiled when she noticed that they had their hands reaching out from the duvets of each bed, and now they had their fingers interlocked in the space between the beds.

It made her miss Catra even more.

She stepped out of the bedroom, and into the moonlit hallway.

It was dark, with a sapphire glow filtering through each window.

She walked down quietly, careful not to wake anyone. She stepped into the stadium.

She didn't quite know why, but atleast no one was here during the night.

She made her way to the very top, at the bit that overlooked the silent, dimly lit silver, Capital.

The bench was facing the view rather then the rest of the stadium.

Adora pulled out her ponytail, and sat down on the bench.

The Moons looked down at her, like many glaring eyes.

Her eyes must've mirrored them. Grey crescents of sadness.

She had near brought herself to tears overthinking when someone sat down beside her.

Naeva.

'You miss her, don't you'

Adora turned to meet her eyes.

'Alot.'

'I know how that feels. My brother, Anu, died the same day C'yra was taken. He was the only family that knew me.'

'Knew you?'

'My father is seriously ill. He has dementia, and doesn't remember me. And my mother, died of eclampsia when Anu was born.'

'Oh my Etheria...'Adora trails off, unsure what to say.

'At first, I was angry and grieving...but now that the initial shock has worn off....I just miss them.' She says.

'I'm sorry that you had to go through that, But  I'm sure that they're so, so proud of you.' Adora replies quietly.

'Thank you, that means a lot you know...And Adora, Catra is strong, she's clever, and she's quick. She messes up, a lot of the time, but that's okay. But what she doesn't do, is break her promises. She hasn't spoken to any of us since she left, but that will have a reason. She most likely slept through the first day, and was probably trying orienteering her way around space. And the last day, she may have found something that she was focused on' Naeva places a hand on her shoulder.

'Thank you, a lot' She smiled,

'No problem-o, future Sister in-law-in-law' She grinned.

'In-law-in-law?'

'I'm marrying Lyric, which makes me Catras in-law, and you and Catra are probably gonna get married in the future  which makes it double in-law' She smirked.

Adora smiled and rolled her eyes.

'Well, I better get to bed' She said after a moment.

'Yeah, catch ya later' Naeva nodded her head while smiling.

Adora waved her goodbye and left the stadium with a weight off of her shoulders.

Naeva went to go back to bed, but looked over her shoulder down to her house, which was in sight.

She froze.

The light in Anu's old room was on.

She had turned it off along with all other lights in the house after making sure her dad had gotten to bed okay.

Someone had turned it on.

She raced down the stadium, panic with every step. 'Oh no..'  was her only thought.