S2 - Faring fate and Bearing fear

Catra wasn't surprised when the entire camp went berserk on her when she appeared in the middle of the dining table during lunch.

In fact, she had wholly expected a fuss.

'Okay! Alright! I'm fine, mom' She rolled her eyes as C'yra checked her over.

'Well I'm sorry for being cautious because we are dealing with darkness himself in war!' She rolled her eyes.

Catra sighed, and moved away to find Glimmer and Bow.

'Guys?' She says, stepping into the cavern.

'Yeah?' Bow looked away from the map they were looking at.

'We....the Blood Moon is tomorrow.... And....'

'And what?' Asks Glimmer moving forward in her seat.

'....and its about time I tell you the plan exactly, seeing as it rely heavily on you and I' Catra says, directed at Glimmer.

------------------

The sound echoed across the abyss of space.

The cry of a newborn.

It had been millenia since a child had graced the galaxy, therefore it was only expected for Eris, a trickster of a goddess, to come hurtling to the cause.

She had most definitely not expected to find Araidne, creation herself, holding a child swaddled in blankets.

‘Whichever name shall this fair maiden come to possess?’ Eris ponders aloud, trusting that Araidne would not incinerate her for questioning her.

‘Hemera. For she is the daylight to my dawn.’ Araidne hummed, holding the baby closer.

‘Who sired the girl?’ Eris tilts her head, awaiting a response.

‘Lord Moros, though she was created in such a way that it is..... questionable’ Creation admits.

‘And how is that?’

‘She was born from a pound of fates flesh, and droplets of ichor from the trusting pantheon. Fate consumed the mixture, and later, it managed to ensure a pregnancy as we lay with eachother.’ Araidne strokes the babys cheek.

‘How intriguing….I trust for this young maiden to grow into a woman of great power and beauty‘ Eris smiles.

She approaches the baby, and gazes upon the cherubic face that stares back curiously at her.

‘Sweet youngling, do not fret…’ She coos, magic twisting in her words. ‘….Strength as beauty…wisdom as sense…wrath of bloodbathes….’

The goddess draws a symbol on the childs head, and gives a farewell to Araidne before vanishing.

Araidne looks upon her bebe once more.

The only light in this infinite darkness.

The goddess' lips part, without a word for a second more, and then she allows herself to sing.

‘There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground..’

The baby lets out a little squeak, making the goddess smile through her song.

‘And swallows circling with their gentle sound…’

her lips press against the babys forehead.

‘And frogs singing in the pool at night, and wild plum trees in tremulous white…'

A planet forms before the babys very eyes, pretty pinks and purples and blues.

‘Robins will wear their feathery fire…whistling their whims on low fence-wires…:

Newly created moons circle the planet.

‘And not one will know of war, not one will care at last when it is done…not one would mind…no bird nor tree.’

In the center of the planet theres an island, remote and safe. Everything within the little cottage by the shore obtaining Araidnes unconditional love for her daughter.

‘If mankind flourished utterly…and spring, my dear, would wake at dawn, ready to start a world beginning at your feet'

She holds the child above the planet.

‘My sweet, My heart, my golden daughter of light and sun, I give you the gift of self. Let everyone know that you shine like the sun, and burn just as much. My darling rose, Who time shall love thorns and all….’

And with a final kiss on the young maidens forehead, Araidne reluctantly allows Fate to guide her in his magic, as a rebirthed newborn, to the royal family of Purrsia.

Her bebe, her lovely sunlight, will be born and raised by others.

Kind, strong, brilliant, were the couple.

Araidne admires them, entrusts them with her child.

And she knows that eventually, her beloved songbird, her sweet noctua, will return to her, even if it takes a thousand years.

And with that comforting thought, due to her immortality, she turns to the little floating planet.

She vows to complete it to how her daughter is to her.

———

Catra is ready.

Everyone is ready.

Dum spiro spero.
It was time for war.