41 - Shadow Tips

Naeva felt her nerves running the moment she heard the news.

Hordak had a proposal for Halfmoons Empire.

Puca, as it turned out, had kidnapped Imp, and even Hordak wouldn't abandon his kid.

Now that the rebellion, the Horde and Halfmoon had a common enemy, they would have to ally with each other if they wanted to win against the spirit Lord.

Etheria waited in fear for the twilight which would open onto carnage, annihilation, massacres and bloodshed.

So to summarise it, Puca had taken Imp, and Hordak needs Halfmoon amd the alliance to save him.

Naeva shuddered.

She was really starting to wonder what choice C'yra would make.

It scared her.

Catra entered the meeting room feeling suspicious.

She sat perched on the edge of her seat, as C'yra began to explain.

‘Pucas army is moving closer each day. Only last night was Anika Fordwell sniped by one of his shadow spies.’

Catra heard Naevas glare. Anika had been close with the general.

‘We must obtain additional strength to our forces, and begin to plan an alternative route to safety if that does not suffice’ Naeva explains.

‘You are correct. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to commence. Queen Angella has rejected our requests for aid.’

‘Damn bird….’ Aurelie mutters from across the table.

‘Angella is being a dimwit.’ Everyone turns to Catra. ‘She needs lots of different things from all the other kingdoms. She especially needs Halfmoon. But she is refusing to help us. Therefore, cut off all shipping toward Brightmoon.’

The council look confused.

‘she needs us. But if her resources are inaccessible to her, she'll have no choice but to help. If she does not, Brightmoon will fall into poverty.’

‘That is…..a perfect idea.’ C'yra says with a sly smirk.

The council shudders. That couldn't be good.

‘Once we acquire the resources, we will follow with plans to get rid of Puca permanently.’ The empress claps her hands together.

Catra smirked.

This was her kind of fun.

Unfortunately, cleaning was not.

She was doing the laundry when she heard a bang and a yelp outside, followed by the sound of….guns?

Her eyes widened and she transformed into Namir as defence as what sounded like a cluster of soldiers beginning to force open the door began.

Blackened and smoked fingers slid through holes, and th eventually the door was clearly not going to hold much longer.

Catra looked around. She knew that just charging headfirst into battle was an awful plan, so she climbed the piping into the shadows of the rafters above.

The door was finally thrown off the hinges with a billowing black mist.

An group of what Catra could see, including over 728 people, begin to infiltrate the imperial palace.

She needed to warn C'yra.