S2 - Gate to gold

C'yra stalked the dark room.

She had tied back her auburn tresses into a loose ponytail with her golden arm band.

A newfound determination painted her face.

She had to get home. And nothing would stop her.

But as she tired to think of a plan, a familiar princess appeared by the bars.

'Hey lilith~'

Lilith blushed.

'Lady C'yra, I am honoured that you know my name!' She curtseyed.

'Drop the formalities, do you know Puca?'

'He's my husband'

'Well he is a bastard AND your husband.'

'Can you explain...?'

---------------

Amato's claws scraped against the leather of the book.

Witnessing Angella and Micahs reunion had hurt him in a way he wouldn't like like admit.

There was a chance he would never see C'yra again, and the last time they had spoken, it was brief. Seeing as the last proper time they had conversed, they had been arguing.

They hadn't wanted to ruin things for Catra.

But now, he wished he had said more. That he had apologised. That they had told Aeris the truth.

But it was too dangerous now.

His niece, whom he had adopted after her parents death, would never know the truth. Aeris would never know the truth.

In fact, Lyric and Mav were the only real children of him and C'yra.

Yes, C'yra and Amato may have been the ones who had conceived and had the child, but Catra was a gift from the gods. A hero from fate.

Lyric was his daughter. Mav was his son.

Catra was a gift. Aeris was his niece.

So many things he would never reveal.

So many things he would always hide.

So many things he never got to say.

So many reasons to give up.

But it wasn't time yet.

It would never be the time to give up.

He stood from the table, dropping the leather bound book.

He stormed down the halls of the imperial Palace of Halfmoon.

He burst into Naevas chambers, which was incredibly unlike him and the action drew a yelp out of Naeva, who had been reading on her bed.

'Amato?! What...?!?!'

'Does Catra have a plan for fighting Puca?'

'Is that even a question? She always does!'

'Good. Naeva?'

'Yeah?'

'I'm proud of you. And I have a dangerous mission for you and I'

'What is it!?'

'While Catras fighting Puca, We're saving C'yra'

-----------------------

Catra sat before three pitchers.

One was full of holy water. One of salt. One of honey.

They were gifts for Freyja. And the Verena Xalia just pulled up outside Tír Na nÓg.

'Goodluck'  Melog said, their voice ensnared with concern.

She just nodded to them, and began to approach on foot, the palace of Freyja, the pitchers in her bag.

A golden mist obscured all but the turrets of the palace, and a thick wood was spread out before it.

She would have to cross the wood, pass the river, and charm the dacoits. It would be a tiresome journey.

But if it was the only way to save Etheria, then she would would it gladly.

She stepped into the forest. The vegetation hung between branches like a canopy, wilting flowers hung limp.

An uncanny dark mist made the wood hard to get through, and the land crumbled precariously beneath her light footsteps.

She heard a chilling whistle from behind her, and she turned, only to find that the forest entrance had disappeared behind her. It was nothing but fat cypress trees shadowed in a dark veil.

She shuddered, and stepped forward.

Her grip tightened on her bag.

Back before everything had happened she had heard many tales from her family and friends in Halfmoon about the mysterious things that happened within the haunting forest.

She hissed and lept onto all fours when a shadow looked suspiciously similar to a silhouette.

Her claws unsheathe as something began to form from scattered stones right before her eyes.

The figure was tall, the height of an ancient pine tree. Curling hair of shining silver, and dark, narrowed eyes, full of power and importance.

Catra fell to her knees in respect, murmuring impassioned prayers.

She knew who this was.

Lady Yvonne, the goddess of wisdom.

'What brings you throw my property?' Her voice is grating, like nails against ice.

'Lady Yvonne, I come in search of Freyjas palace. I have brought an offering for you.' She set a magical golden geranium from the celestial garden itself before the dumbfounded goddess.

'How did you....?'

'My name is Catra, Empress of Purrsia, student of Circe, and friend of Melog. My empire and family are in danger, I need as much help as I can get to defeat Horde Prime and Puca.'

Yvonne's eyes softened.

'I understand. Lady Catra, I grant you my harp, which will give you the git of music. You will understand it when it is time.' The lady of stone summoned a shining silver harp, with intricate designs across it.

Catra takes it gratefully, and thanks the goddess a thousand times over.

Once Lady Yvonne has returned to her peaceful slumber, Catra bags the Harp, and steps past the thinner trees, right out by the sapphire River.