30 - Visit To The Truth

‘Do not patronize me, Chalin! I've had just about enough of your crap'

C'yras voice echoes in the meeting room.

‘I'm done playing nice, your majesty, you want to keep the bloodshame? Go ahead! But when she sells you out to the Horde don't come begging for forgiveness!’

‘You utter bastard! You're as bad as her. Just as foul, evil, cruel and useless!’ C'yras eyes practically bulged with fury.

Amatos eyebrows shot up to his hairline at his wifes outburst. Than resorted to quiet snickers.

-----------

Bloodshame. Foul. Evil. Cruel. Useless.

Was that truly how they felt about her?’

Catra froze outside the door. She began to walk away, when suddenly she was stopped.

A boy placed his hand on her shoulder with an expression of sympathy. Na'li.

‘She really had you trusting her, didn't she?’

A faint tinge of pink emitted from his fingers as he frowned.

When Catra didn't reply, he continued.

‘Y'know, if I were you, I would-’

---------

The meeting room doors swing open. Clanging loudly against the walls.

‘Catra? Wha…?’ Amato trails off, as Catra raises her blade and directs it at C'yra.

‘I, Catra Dr’iluth challenge you to an Arka’

Catras lips tremble as she speaks, as if she is afraid of her own words.

Gasps rang out around the council.

‘Catra….I……I refuse. You are underage, and do not yet realise the extent of an Arka.’ C'yra bows her head.

In a fit of rage, Catra throws Namirs sword at the ground, and storms out of the room.

Amato leaps down from his position ontop of the shelf.

‘Should I talk to her?’ C'yra stares at the doorway.

‘Give her some time, dearest’

----------

‘Catra?’

Adora raised her eyes from her book to Catras anguished expression.

The magicat princess doesn't reply, but just tugs off her tunic and trousers and flop down onto the mat.

‘Catra?’ Adoras repeats.

‘Mhmm….’ Catra murmurs.

‘Whats wrong? You're upset.

‘Can I tell you later? I just want to sleep for now.’

Catra clambers up into the bed beside her.

Adora laughs gently, and pulls the blanket over them both.

She throws her jacket and boots out a moment later.

It only takes a few seconds for them to fall asleep.

~~~~~

Adora watched, amused, as Catra stretched.

‘Good morning' she yawned, turning over on the bed as Adora sat down beside her.

‘Morning…. I got us both today and tomorrow free’ The blonde smiled, placing a light kiss on the magicats forehead.

‘Thanks…. wheres your ugly ass horse?’

She looked around quizzically.

‘Dunno, probably went for a walk or something’ Adora replied, running her fingers through Catra's tussled hair.

The magicat purred in response.

‘Guys?’ Bow entered the room with a smile.

‘Me and Glimmer made hot chocolate, and we thought you two should try it! don't worry Catra, We gave you the zero-lactose stuff instead' He added, sitting the steaming mugs down on the bed side locker.

Next thing they knew, he was gone.

Adora handed Catra the lactose-free one, and then picked up her own.

‘Together, in 1…2…3!’

The both took a sip out of it at the same time. Catra couldn't help the squeaky giggle that escaped her lips when she saw the sight of Adora's pupils dilating at the speed of light.

Her tail wrapped around the blondes waist as they drank their hot chocolate in a comfortable silence.

‘Mhmm… This is good’ Catra mumbles, resting her head on Adora's stomach.

‘Agreed…’ The blonde smiled down at her dreamily.

‘What?!’ The magicat looked up, confused by her girlfriends attitude.

‘You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen' Adora smiles again, her hands massaging Catra's head as she spoke.

‘Your so sappy’ The magicat rolled her eyes fondly.

‘Because I love you, dearest' Adora winked.

Catra sighed, shifting positions until she was comfortably sprawled across the bed with her head resting on Adora's lap.

They stayed like that. Adora massaging Catra's head, and Catra purring rhythmically.

Simply adoring each other.