18 - Flowering agony

Lyric survived.

But now, something else was speculating around the palace, after a slip from Catra got around.

But it was just servant gossip, so Queen C'yra paid it no mind.

She was too busy helping her eldest daughter through the nightmares.

But one night, as she left the spare room Lyric had taken over, she had the oddest sensation that something was incredibly off.

But due to no changes in the atmosphere, and no one elses presence, she brushed it off, and went on her way.

Catra felt nauseous the second she woke.

It was like she had a weight in her throat, threatening to tear through the delicate skin at any moment.

She sauntered half-asleep to the ensuite bathroom,and almost instantly dubbled over the sink.

She felt something ripping through her throat, it was painful. But what she hadn't expected was the snowy white petal of a Jasmine flower that fluttered out of her mouth.

She clawed at her neck frantically.

Once she was sure no more would come up, she sped to the library to find some kind of explanation.

An hour later, and only two possibilities.

One, the japanese Hanahaki disease. Or two, the mythological Penthraea, subjected from history books of Halfmoons history.

She felt like she was suffocating just reading about them.

Penthraea, which she had figured out was the one she had, was incredibly deadly. It happened when you're deeply in love with someone, but refuse the love they give you in favour of keeping them safe.

If you feel so strongly, and you have some kind of magic in your body, then your body would react awfully. By the growth of the others favourite plant in your lungs.

It would entangle itself through your ribcage and lungs, and would continue to grow even once you have died from it. The starting symptoms are singular petal, then multiple, then the full bloom, then flower with stem, and so on.

It was revolting.

But what scared Catra more, was knowing who it was bringing this pain on her unknowingly.

Adora.

She groaned in frustration, and set off to the dining room to finally get something to eat.

------------

Castaspella stood in the rooms centre.

Paintings after paintings of magicat history ran along the walls.

But her eyes stopped on one in particular. She read over the golden plated scripture at the bottom.

Namir; Savior Of Lament

The sorceress did not yet understand the significance the painting held, but she had heard stories from Mystacors council, and the previous Purrsian Queen, Avena D'riluth.

Her fingers traced the headpiece on the forehead of the painted figure, and suddenly froze.

Why did that look so familiar...?