S3 - Blood and Blight Collide

Sick is one of many words to describe how Catra feels entering the ruins of old Brightmoon.

It smells putrid: Like rotting corpse and sour milk.

Stronger, to her sensitive feline senses.

But she sucks it up and keeps moving.

She stumbles a little, and goes rigid when she feels pulsing beneath her feet.

She kneels down to feel the tremble of the ground below.

It's almost as if there is a distant earthquake, the very edge of the radar hitting the ruins.

A few cobblestone pillars crumble away.

She feels an energy too. Thick, hot, throbbing energy.

It feels similiar to Puca's, but somehow stronger.

The idea of something stronger then that pig was nerve-wracking.

She tries to clear her mind. And when that doesn't work, she thinks of Amato.

Was he worried, when he found his daughters beds empty and no way to trace them home? Or would he be the one to soothe C'yra and tell her everything was okay. And he'd believe it all right.

She recalls the amount of times his laissez-faire attitude backfired.

She smiles. If she doesn't find it funny, she will cry.

She keeps walking. Mudcrusted heeled boots clicking quietly as she makes her way through the ruins.

She wants to go home. But she can't, not until she stops the apocalypse. And she doesn't have long.

Not at the rate things are going.

Another few clobs of stone break away from the bigger bits.

A whistling sound flutters in her ear.

She jumps around, claws unsheathing.

"Who's there?!"

Somehow, the shadows of the room seem to stretch. And a woman's laughter echoes.

"Pretty serpent, pretty death. Pretty reasons for your head~"

Catra stumbles again, eyes searching, frantically.

The wind picks up, as a tornado of light surrounds her.

She barely has time to think before she is forced into the whirlpool of magic, screaming as she does.

Authors note: Sorry it's short! I just need this sort of chapter to get me back into writing this! I'll be back on track very soon :)