39 - The Cats Querida

When Catra awoke, she was confused.

She was in her room, cocooned in mounds of blankets, with four familiar people snoring around her.

Adora, Aeris, Arrow boy and Sparkles.

She snickered upon the unicorn and rainbow design on Glimmers socks, before slipping past them and pulling on a plush purple robe.

She stepped out of the room, and sighed quietly as the door clicked shut behind her.

She considered going to the Lagoon to meet with her squad, but decided against it as she still needed to recover from the mess of the previous night.

She heard shuffling behind her, and Adora appeared by her side, staying unusually quiet.

‘Adora? Is everything okay? Are you brain damaged? Damn, I thought that dumb hair poof would've saved you, don’t get me wrong, the poofs cute, but ridiculous ‘ Catra joked.

‘I…..She-ra wasn't…..she-ra wasn't meant for good….’ The blonde says at last.

‘I know. I'm guessing you found out the truth?’

‘….’

‘Adora?’

‘I'm sorry’

‘for what?!’

‘I'm sorry. I'm sorry…Im sorry, I’m sorry, I'm sorry!!!’ Adora snaps.

She falls to her knees with a thud, clawing with her dull nails against her scalp as she tries and fails to hold back tears.

‘I'm not even Etherian Catra, She-ra was just a weapon!’ She choked on her words.

‘Adora. look at me.’

The blonde slowly looks qup.

‘You are not just a weapon to be wielded. You wield your own soul as if its your sword. You're deserving of love. and I'm forever there to love you. I don't care what she-ra was meant to do, I care on what Adora wants to do with her life. I want to give you the love that you give everyone else. Be a little selfish Adora, want and need, don't throw yourself away just because it inconveniences the bird/Queen. You are everything to me.’

When she finishes, Catras lips meet Adoras forehead, and then her mismatched eyes lower to the greyish blue ones staring back at her.

Adoras eyes are puffy, her hair is splayed over her shoulders messing, and her face is flushed, yet to Catra, she is still the most beautiful person shes ever seen.

She holds out her hand.

‘Care to join me in the gardens for tea?’

Adora slowly smiles, nods, and takes the hand gently.

Catra pulls the blonde to her feet, and brushes her hair out of her eyes.

A second before Catra pulls away, Adora kisses her cheek, and the two giggle quietly.

Somehow, even in the remote Capital of Halfmoon/Purrsia, these kind of heartwarming moments between the couple were kept hidden and private.

The two spent the entire morning in the gardens.