36 - Mooned Lake

As much as Catra cared for Lyric and Naeva, she was seriously regretting agreeing to wear the heavy skirted Ghagra Choli.

They had decided to have their engagement party four hours before the crowning ceremony at midnight, where Catra would connect to the throne.

Since the crowning ceremony was a sacred and private ritual, only C'yra would be permitted, to guide her through.

Catra was nervous, if she was honest to herself, but st the same time, it sent shivers of excitement throughout her body when she thought about it.

‘Catra! Hello!’

She tears her gaze from the glistening fountain to meet the sight of her cousin, Na'li.

Curse Amatos brother Taiki for having a kid.

‘Na'li' she gritted her teeth.

He stumbled closer, the two glasses of thick wine sloshing and splashing over his knuckles like a smear of blood.

‘You look gorgeous ‘ He kisses her hand, leaving a wet red mark on it, then his eyes flicker to her chest, and then her eyes.

She grabs him by the collar of his Kurta and pulls him aside, into the pavilion.

‘Listen Na'li, you cannot ruin this for Lyric and Naeva! You better not do anything stupid’ she hissed, spittle flying through her clenched teeth.

His brow furrowed.

‘I…haven't done anything stupid.’

‘Thats exactly what your grandfather said after being exposed for having an affair behind your geandmothers back’ C'yra said as she appeared from behind a pillar.

she was dressed in a lehanga in sunset tones, her lips were a plush vermilion, her hair in curls, and her eyes lined with charcoal and an orange-y red powder.

‘Also, have you forgotten that Catra is your cousin? I could see your ulterior motive a mile away' she adds after a moment. ‘And don't even try to confess to Naeva now, today is about her and my daughters love for each other. Ruining it would be an offense not taken lightly’

Na'li glowered at his aunt, beofre finally packinging it in and storming off.

‘Thank Moros hes gone' Catra let out a sigh of relief.

‘Yeah….Excited for the ceremony tonight?’ C'yra says after a moment.

‘I want it over and done with’ Catra groans.

‘Sure, I remember my crowning ceremony as princess…. …..eek’

‘What happened?’ Catra cocked a brow.

‘Umm….back then, we lived on quite literally another planet so you don't need to worry…but I uhh…I pissed in the lake, nearly drowned in a panic because of the visions of my reign, Amato had to save me, and my mum wacked him with a spoon…don't know why she had it…and I accidentally ripped the ceremonial robes literally when I was just outisde the temple door' The empress admitted, face flushing scarlet.

Catra was cackling.

‘Oh…my…Freyja!’ She exclaimed as she cried tears of laughter.

‘Oh shut it, cub’ C'yra murmured.

Catra did not shut it