10.2

Lennox covered her face with her arms defensively after pulling them away, not opening her eyes until she heard the crash across the room, accompanied by a pained yell from who she recognised as Jay. Her eyes darted back and forth for a moment before landing on Jay, who was pushing himself into a seated position against the wall whilst holding his right arm to his chest. A wince was drawn across his face, Lennox lowering her arms as she began to realise that what she thought was happening was in fact just a bad dream. 

"Jay?" She stared at him and the broken dresser pieces falling around him as he took a deep breath, leaning his head back against the wall as she slowly got out of bed. 

"What the hell was that?" He asked slowly, sighing as she quickly went to his aid. 

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?" She helped him to his feet, gasping quietly when she saw the long slice along his forearm from a piece of splinted wood. "Oh my God, Jay," 

When she touched it he practically hissed, gritting his teeth as she pulled her hands away. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry," 

"Damn it," He turned on the spot, eventually facing her and then stopping when he saw her eyes. 

They were glowing. Within seconds of seeing them he became ignorant to the pain radiating from his arm, using his right hand to gently push her hair over her shoulder and rest his palm on her cheek as Lennox frowned. 

"What? Jay you're bleeding," 

"Look at me." 

"Why?" He didn't answer her, but from the reflection of her now piercing eyes in his, it didn't take her more than a few seconds to realise what he was looking at. 

She felt herself fumble for words as she pulled away, turning her back to him and walking across the room. In the reflection of the glass panel on Jay's bookcase, she could see her eyes lit up like stars; she folded her arms over her chest, as if to create some protective shield as she remained facing away from him. 

"Lennox?" 

"I'm sorry. I don't know how- I didn't mean to do that." 

"Turn around." 

"Are you okay?" 

"I'll be fine, would you please turn around?" 

"No. I hurt you. I can't believe I did that."