14.2

Lennox frowned. Mine? I have a protection spell. Is that even possible? 

"Your mother was right. You possess much stronger magic than you know, and unfortunately it's causing me a few issues." Ekaterina said with a light laugh. 

Lennox's memory of Jay going missing emerged; if what the priestess was saying was true, then Lennox must've wiped the town clean with her explosion of energy, replacing the memory-altering magic from her mother with guarding spells. 

"Have you any idea what I might be referring to?" Ekaterina asked, snapping Lennox out of her thoughts. 

"No, but let me guess, it's a putting a damper on your plans and you want me to do something about it? I wouldn't even know where to start, if you hadn't noticed I'm a little tied up in my own mindscape. How long have I been here by the way? The time just seems to slip away, it's like the more you try and work it out the less you know how to." 

"Yes, well I suppose it's been better than counting the minutes, no? I have to say, it's been a busy two weeks." 

Two weeks - longer than I thought. 

"But I'm sure it won't be too long before I break your spell, I'm grateful for the offer." 

"If you didn't come for my help then why are you here?" 

"Can't you tell? To be honest I thought you would've asked by now." The priestess watched the penny drop in Lennox's mind. 

"Jay." 

"Yes. Perhaps you do not care for him as strongly as I thought." 

"He's alive. Last time I checked he was still your prisoner, so I already know how he's doing." 

"He's lucky that I am merciful, to be sure. I came to discuss him with you, because your town is not the only strange thing I've noticed since my rebirth." 

"Ah. He's giving you a hard time? That's Jay, he's a fighter." 

"Yes, for you." Ekaterina stepped forward, Lennox bracing herself to defend if need be. 

But the high priestess posed no threat in that moment; simply wanting to analyse Lennox's beauty up close. 

"Two weeks of manipulation, and magic, and I can't make him love me." She said gently. 

Lennox's stomach filled with butterflies, but she tried to ignore the feeling as Ekaterina looked her up and down. 

"We have the same face. The same divine beauty, yet still his heart only beats for you."