12.6

"Wait, just wait," 

Lennox pulled away from Jay, who released her waist and watched her stand by the side of the bed. The pair had resigned to the bedroom, the tension between them reaching a head that could no longer be ignored after the passionate kiss Jay had instigated in the kitchen. His desire to snuff the longing ache he'd had for Lennox all these years was becoming unbearable, but even amid the heated emotions, something had made Lennox recoil with a panic that caused her to pace the length of the bed. 

"What? Did I do something?" He asked, his words quick with haste as she shook her head. 

"No, no I'm sorry, God I can't even think straight." She let out a nervous laugh, trying to slow her pacing. "You did nothing, I swear, you're...you're perfect." 

Lennox managed to stop herself just long enough to lock eyes with Jay, who took a careful step away from the door towards her. 

"I'm sorry, I can't imagine what your head looks like right now, and this is going really fast," 

"Right." 

"We can stop, if that's what you want." 

"No!" She faced him, almost offended at the notion. "No, that- that's not what I want." 

"It's not?" 

"Not at all." Lennox's pacing had come to a stop, giving Jay the chance to swoop an arm skillfully around her waist, stealing a gentle kiss as he did so. 

"Then we can slow down. Okay? We can go as slow as you want." 

"Jay I'm fine I just...it's not that." 

"Then what? Because I want this, Lennox, I can't tell you how badly I want this, I don't think I've ever wanted anything as much as I want you right now but something's wrong, so tell me what it is." 

"I just...there's something you need to know." 

The worry on Lennox's face indicated that whatever he needed to know was personal, something not known by a lot of people, if any at all. Jay's laugh was soft as he tried his best to stifle it. 

"Len if you think it bothers me, that this is your first time I promise you, it doesn't," 

"Okay well as comforting as that is, that's not it." Lennox watched Jay's face go from amused to confused, so after a few seconds she decided to pick up the pace. "When I got trapped in the manor, before I disappeared, and I had to go down the hollow to find Kaila...I got hurt when I went down, I have a scar. It's big, like obnoxiously big, nobody knows I never wanted anyone to know," 

Jay lifted his hand to gently cup Lennox's cheek, and words ceased to exist in Lennox's mind as his eyes delved deeply into her own. After seeing a subtle ring of gold glow around her widening pupils he smiled before dipping his head down for a kiss. 

"I don't care." He said softly. 

"You don't?" She whispered, feeling herself relax into him as he slowly shook his head. 

"You think after everything you've been through you wouldn't have a couple battle scars? You're still the most beautiful girl in the world to me, you always have been. I don't care about a scar. All I care about is you."