Chapter Seventy three

"Pedri, Pedri, Pedri!" The crowd chants as the final whistle blows and the match comes to an end. Barcelona won with Pedro's first ever hat trick. Mateo and I cheer along with everyone else. It feels like such a surreal moment. And from all the way down at the field he manages to find us and wave. He blows a kiss up toward us, causing me to smile.

Later on, we get prepared to head out. We tend to wait it out to give the crowd time to head out.
"Want a ride back home?" Eric asks as he leans against me.
"Actually we're going to spend the night at Pedro's" I reply. He raises an eyebrow and smirks.
"Oh yeah?"
"What? Mateo wanted to-"I blush
"Aha sure Mateo did" he laughs.
"Eric, I-"
"I don't need an explanation. I'm just saying"
"Amor, stop bothering her" Olivia says defending me. I smile as she pulls me into a side hug.
"Anyway, we should head out then. You'll be okay?" Eric asks. I nod. We say our goodbyes and they head out. I take Mateo into my arms and we make our way down to the locker room area. We wait outside for Pedro. Mateo greets each player as they walk out.

Pedro, like always, is one of the last to come out. He takes Mateo into his arms and signals for me to follow. Obviously we have to hide the fact that we're together since there are still staff and players around. I follow behind him as he leads us to his car.

He buckles Mateo into his car seat and I take a seat in the passenger. He drives off, and does his best to avoid anyone stopping us.

As we drive off toward his house, he sneaks his hand into mine and holds them together, I smile as I look over him.

We arrive at his place and Mateo runs inside.
"Teo, it's time for bed. It's past your bedtime" I call out. He pouts but stops and walks back over to us.
"It's okay Teo, tomorrow is our first day of summer together . We're going to plan so many fun things" Pedro says to him. Mateo's eyes light up and he nods.

Pedro walks him over to get him ready for his bath while I pick out his pjs. He has a small collection of clothes here, mostly things Pedro has bought him. His room isn't complete yet, but Pedro was in the process of looking to buy a house so we weren't rushing. With the whole Tania situation, it's best that he moves somewhere that she won't know.

Pedro brings Mateo out of his bath and walks him to the room. I lather him up with lotion and Pedro helps me get him dressed. We talk, and take turns making Mateo laugh. I can tell he's more happy when we're all together, overall it's been better for him.

I brush his teeth and get him tucked into bed. He requests a bedtime story, so we all sit together on the bed as I begin to read. Mateo slowly drifts off into sleep, and I Pedro and I sneak out.

We smile as we shut the door quietly. Pedro takes my hand and walks me over to his room. He sits on the bed and pulls me to his lap. I wrap my legs around his waist and place my arms around his neck.

"You were amazing tonight. I'm so proud of you" I smile and lean over to kiss him. He smiles into the kiss and his cheeks flush.
"I couldn't have done it without you there. I've felt happier than I ever have"
"I'm so happy we're doing this. Working on us.  There's no one else I'd rather be with" I reply.

He pulls me closer as he begins to caress my cheek. He pulls us into a deep kiss, one I hadn't had in a while. Immediately I know what's coming next, and I don't stop myself. I missed this, I missed him and this feeling.

____

the next morning
I'm woken to the feeling of Pedro's arms wrapped around my waist. Our bodies touching each other and keeping us warm. I smile as I turn to face him.
"Buenos días guapo" I whisper and kiss him.
He smiles back and slowly opens his eyes.
"Buenos días flaca, i missed waking up to you" he replies.
"Me too" I smirk.

"Listen-"
"Look-"

We laugh as we interrupt each other.
"Go ahead" I say.
"I've been thinking, I really want this to work, and want to keep trying. And the truth is, I think we've been way better together now. I love you. And there's no one else I'd rather be with. I don't care what anyone else says. And I think I'm ready, if you are, to tell everyone else" he says as he rubs his finger along my stomach.
We make eye contact and I nod.
"I'd love that. I love you, and im ready to share that with the world" I reply.
"Yeah?"
"Yes of course"
"Great. First we'll have to give Mateo the good news" he says.

Mateo. My sweet Mateo. How will he react.