Chapter 4: Joining The Fire Ferrets

(The next day)

Y/N's P.O.V

Today Korra is trying to make her way through the gates again and it's not really working.

She falls to the ground, but gets back up.

Y/N: Come on, Korra. You got this.

She rushes forward and goes through, but immediately starts smacking into the other gates.

Tenzin: Patience, Korra.

Just then Korra starts Firebending and destroys all the gates.

Y/N: Holy crap.

Tenzin: That was a two thousand year old historical treasure. What... what is wrong with you?!

She comes over to us.

Korra: There's nothing wrong with me. I've been practicing just like you taught me. But it isn't sinking in. It's not clicking like you said it would.

Tenzin: Korra, this isn't something you can force. If you would only listen to me...

Korra: I have been, but you know what I think? Maybe the problem isn't me, maybe the reason I haven't learned Airbending yet is because you're a terrible teacher!

Korra storms off.

Meelo: Yeah, you're a terrible teacher daddy.

I wanna go talk to her, but I think it's best to let her cool off first.

(One hour later)

I'm now inside with dad. He's pacing back and forth while I'm playing with Wolf.

He sits inbetween my legs on the floor as I stroke him.

I look at dad.

Y/N: You were pretty hard on Korra back there.

Tenzin: You seem surprised. You saw what she did, Y/N.

Y/N: I did and I'm not saying it was right.

He sighs.

Tenzin: It's my responsibility to make sure Korra masters Airbending.

Y/N: I know, but if you push a door that's meant to be pulled, it'll never open. You taught me that.

I stand up.

Y/N: You also taught me that everyone learns differently, at the own pace and in their own way.

Tenzin: Yes, I did. I just wished Korra listened like you.

Y/N: But she's not me, dad. And you can't train her like she is. Right now you and Korra both want the same thing, for her to become the best Avatar she can be.

He nods.

Tenzin: You've become wise beyond your years, my son.

I smile.

Y/N: What can I say? You taught me well.

I leave the room to go and talk to Korra.

(Three hours later)

Korra and I are now back at the arena.

We go to the lock room to see Mako and Bolin, but Hasook isn't here.

Korra: We didn't miss your match, did we? You guys look like you lost already.

Bolin: No, you didn't miss it. Though we may as well have.

Mako: Hasook's a no-good no-show.

The ref comes in.

Ref: You got two minutes to come out ready to play or you're disqualified.