Chapter 3: The Arena

Y/N's P.O.V

Today is the day Korra starts her Airbending training.

Once she's mastered Airbending, she'll have mastered all four elements.

Right now I'm with her and dad.

She's wearing an Airbender outfit like all Avatar's have worn during Airbending training.

Tenzin: So, my mother has informed me that you've never been able to Airbend before.

Korra sighs

We then stop and turn to her.

Korra: Yeah, but I don't know why. The other elements came so easy to me, but every single time I've tried Airbending... nothing.

Dad steps forward and rolls down her sleeves.

Tenzin: That's perfectly alright. We just need to be patient. Often the element that's most difficult for the Avatar to master, is the one most opposite to the Avatar's personality.

Y/N: He's right. For grandpa Aang it was Earthbending.

Korra: Well, I'm about as opposite an Airbender as you can get.

Y/N: You'll do great, Korra.

She smiles.

Korra: Thanks.

I look to dad.

Y/N: Dad, I gotta head into the city for a few hours. I'll be back soon.

Tenzin: Alright. Have fun.

Korra steps forward.

Korra: Wait, you're not staying?

Y/N: Don't worry, I'll be back. Just gotta help out a couple friends. You got this.

I hold her hand for a moment before leaving.

I head to the dock to get to Republic City.

(Two hours later)

After helping out my friends in the city, I come back to the island.

I head to my room and see Korra.

Y/N: Hey, Korra. How was training?

Korra: Uh, harder than I thought.

Y/N: Oh, I'm sorry. Don't worry though. You'll get it.

Korra: Thanks. I could use all the support I can get right now.

Y/N: Hey, what's going on? I can tell something's up.

Korra: All I wanna do is leave the island and go to the arena to watch a Pro-Bending match, but your dad won't let me.

Y/N: Really? That sucks.

Korra: Yeah, but he's your dad. You have any advice on how to crack his no code?

Y/N: I've been trying to pick that lock since I was seven. So, if you figure it out, how about you let me know, yeah?

She laughs.

Korra: You got it. Well, I better get back to training. See ya.

Y/N: Okay, bye. I'll join when I can.

After that I head to my room.

(The next day)

Today's training didn't go well as Korra can't seem to get Airbending.

I know she's frustrated with that and not being allowed to leave the island.

So, I have something to cheer her up.