Chapter 87: Freeing Kuvira

(The next day)

Y/N's P.O.V

So, today Korra and I are meeting with the other's in a steam room.

It was Prince Wu's idea, I don't know why.

Mako: Couldn't this have waited until later?

Wu: No, it's too urgent. And I couldn't miss my morning steam bath. My muscles are all knotted up over this Guan situation.

Y/N: Good to know.

Zhu-li: We've received reports that the Earth Empire holdouts are in the move in Gaoling. It appears Guan and his troops are heading towards the Capital.

Wu: Which means they're going to try to stop the election, just like we feared! Democracy is doomed!

Y/N: Wu, calm down.

Mako: What about sending the the United Forces? They could pressure Guan to back off.

Zhu-li: No. I will only deploy them if there is no other option. I don't want to incite another war.

Wu: I agree. There's got to be a way to resolve this peacefully.

Korra: There is... but you might want to relax before I tell you what I'm thinking.

She Waterbends soke water onto the hot rocks, creating steam.

Asami: I assume your idea has something to do with whatever Kuvira told you?

Mako: Wait, you met with Kuvira?

Korra: Yes. I wanted her take on how to handle Guan.

Mako: And what did she say?

Korra: That she's our best chance to get the holdouts to surrender. So, I'm thinking... what if we take Kuvira with us?

Asami: Korra, I don't want to be in the same room as her. You really expect us to welcome her to the team?

I sigh.

Y/N: Look, I wasn't crazy about the idea either and I'm not saying Kuvira would be apart of the team... but with her help, we can avoid another all-out war.

Korra: Y/N's right. This could be the only way to stop Guan before anything bad happens. We can put an end to the Earth Empire, once and for all.

Bolin: But Kuvira's the worst. She threatened my life! More than once!

Mako: I almost lost my arm taking out her Macha-Giant engine.

Zhu-li: She nearly destroyed Republic City.

Asami: She was our enemy. She killed my father.

Prince Wu stands up.

Wu: And let's not forget hoendhe ruined my coronation!

We all look at him.

He sits back down.

Wu: Sorry. I probably should have aired out my grievance first.

Korra: I know Kuvira has hurt us all. Terribly. But before she was our enemy, Kuvira was our ally.

Y/N: Korra's right. She was the Captain of Su's Guard and helped us fight Zaheer and the Red Lotus.

Korra: And there's part of me that feels like I still owe her for saving my father's life at Laghima's Peak.

Asami: The problem is, we don't know which version of Kuvira is going to show up if we bring her with us.

Korra: Kuvira thought she had died when we were blasted into the Spirit World, it was a huge wake-up call for her.

Korra starts telling us how she thinks that Kuvira wants to redeem herself in the eyes of the world.

Asami sighs.

Asami: You really think this will work?

Korra: I do.

She nods.

Asami: Then I'll support you. Let's bring her.

Korra looks to me.

Korra: Y/N?

Y/N: Come on, Korra. You know I'm with you. No matter what.

She then looks to Mako.

Mako: I promised if always have your back, Korra. So I'm in.

Bolin: I'm in too.

Wu stands up.

Wu: If Team Avatar's on board, then count me in too.

Zhu-li: I'll sign an order for Kuvira's temporary release.

After that we leave the steam room.

(The next day)

We're now gonna head to Gaoling, but we need to pick up Kuvira first.

Korra and I walk out to see guards with Kuvira

We walk over and Korra hands the papers to a guard.

Korra: Here's President Moon's release order. My husband and I will take the prisoner from here.

We take Kuvira to the airship.

Kuvira: "The prisoner?" No need to be so formal, we're partners now.

Korra looks at her.

Korra: We might be working together, but we are not teammates.

Korra goes onto the airship first.

Y/N: That's right. If you step out of line or do anything to harm my wife or my friends... I'll suck the oxygen out of you myself.

She looks at me.

Kuvira: That's not very Air Nomad of you, Master Y/N.

Y/N: Well, when it comes to protect my loved ones. There's nothing I won't do. Now, do we have an understanding?

She smiles.

Kuvira: Of course, Air Master Y/N. You're in charge.

Y/N: Good. Now, get on the airship.

I move her forward and onto the airship.

We go up and join the other's.

As soon as Wolf and Naga see Kuvira, they both growl.

Korra: Easy, you two.

Asami comes over with steel trap.

Asami: Step inside.

Kuvira: Thay won't be necessary. If I was planning to escape, I would've done it before I got on the ship.

Korra and I take Asamo aside.

Korra: If she makes one wrong move, I'll throw her in there myself. I promise.

She sighs.

Asami: Fine. But I'm not taking my eyes off her.

Y/N: Don't worry, Asami. It'll be okay.

She nods.

Kuvira goes and sits with the other's.

Kuvira: Nice to see you too, gentlemen.

I sigh.

I really hope this was a good idea.