Chapter 52: Coming Up With A Plan

Y/N's P.O.V

So, we're on an airship on our way to the Northern Air Temple to help the Airbender's.

We managed to get through to my dad, but Zaheer had already arrived. Now we need to save them.

Right now we're coming up with a on how to save the Airbender's.

Suyin: I say we make our approach from the West. Drop down from the airship on cables. Ambush these Red Lotus lowlife before they know what hit them.

Lin: It'll never work.

Y/N: Lin's right. If that Combustion chick spots us, it's game over.

Suyin: Either of you have a better idea how to save the Airbender's?

Lin: Yeah. We come up from the valley, scale the side of the mountain and take them off guard.

Tonraq: That could work.

Suyin: And give them the high ground? No. If their Lavabender spots us, he'll melt the mountain side and us with it.

Korra: None of these plans will work. As soon as Zaheer notices something's up, he'll wipe out the Airbender's.

Suyin: And Opal is one of those Airbender's. Believe me, I understand what's at stake.

Korra turns to us.

Korra: Then I think you'll agree. The only plan that'll work is for me to give myself up.

Y/N: I'm sorry, you wanna do what?

Lin: Korra, no.

Tonraq: We'll figure out another way.

Korra: I talked it over with Lord Zuko and I've given it alot of thought. I have to do this.

Asami: You can't expect us to sit by and just let Zaheer take you.

Korra: The world has been out of balance for far to long. It needs the Air Nation back again. I can't let Zaheer destroy it and everyone we love. Help me save the Airbender's, then you can worry about saving me.

Y/N: I can't believe we're actually entertaining this idea. Korra, as soon as he has you he's gonna kill you.

Korra: Y/N, do you trust me?

I sigh.

Y/N: You know I do.

Korra: Then trust me when I tell you this'll work. Please, I need you with me on this.

I nod.

Y/N: Okay. I'll help you pull this off.

Tonraq: We're with you, Korra.

Suyin: Yes, whatever you need. We're here.

Korra: I'll go radio Zaheer.

She goes into the next room.

Y/N: Okay, I just wanna go on record and say that this is a terrible idea.

Tonraq: I agree, but it's the only one we got, kid.

(Five minutes later)

Korra is still in the next room and she's probably still talking with Zaheer.

Bolin is pacing back and forth infront of us.

Y/N: Dude, will you sit down? I'm already tense enough as it is.

Mako: Me too. Bolin, just stop pacing.

Bolin: I'm just worried about Opal. And Pabu's not here to comfort me. I hope he, Wolf, and Naga are doing okay back in Zaofu.

A moment later Korra comes back into the room.

Tonraq: Did you speak to Zaheer?

Korra: Yes. He told me to come to the top of Laghima's Peak at noon, alone. Once he has me, he'll release the Airbender's over to you at the temple.

Suyin: I think I've figured out a way to play this so the Airbender's and Korra come out in one piece.

We gather around the War Table.

Lin: How?

Suyin: Zaheer doesn't know how many of us there are. So we have the numbers advantage. I say we split into two teams. Mako, Bolin and Asami will take the airship up to the temple. Meanwhile, my Metalbenders, Y/N, Tonraq, Lin and I will get into position below Laghima's Peak.

Korra nods.

Korra: I like it.

(One hour later)

The airship has landed below Laghima's Peak.

I'm outside with Tonraq, Su and the Metalbenders.

A moment later we're joined by both Korra and Lin.

Mako, Asami and Bolin are taking the airship to get the Airbender's.

Once they're gone Korra talks with her dad.

Korra: And dad, watch out for Zaheer. He's not very fond of World Leader's.

Tonraq: I can handle him. Just stay focused on your mission.

After that I go over to her.

Korra: Hey, Pretty Boy, don't worry. I'll be okay.

Y/N: I know, but I just wanna say again I think this is still a terrible idea.

Korra: True, but when this plan works, I'm so saying "I told you so."

I chuckle.

Y/N: Oh, I know. I just hope Kai hasn't done something stupid and reckless.

Korra: Well, if he's anything like his mentor I'm sure he has, but like you he will have done it to protect others.

Y/N: Good point.

She wraps her arms around my neck.

Korra: Hey, just look at it this way. Once we've dealt with Zaheer, it's just you and me on vacation. Together.

I smile.

Y/N: Honestly, that's the only thing keeping me going right now.

She smiles.

Korra: Me too. I love you, Air Master Y/N.

Y/N: I love you too, Avatar Korra.

We kiss for a moment before pulling away.

Y/N: Be careful.

Korra: You too. You helped Tenzin put Zaheer away the first time. So, Zaheer will have it out for you too.

Y/N: Probably. But Zaheer's gonna learn the hard way that us Airbender's are hard to kill.

She looks to her dad as I join the others.

Korra: Dad, take care of Y/N for me.

Tonraq: I will, sweetheart. I promise. 

After that Korra uses her glider and goes up to the peak.

Suyin: Alright, people. Let's move.

We start making our way up the mountain.

I use my Airbending to move up the mountain.

I just hope this plan works out.

I'd much rather hear Korra say I told you so, then have her end up dead.