Chapter 79: A Date With The Avatar

Y/N's P.O.V

Korra, Asami, dad, Zhu-li and I go back to Asami's temporary office.

We stand outside together.

Asami: Someone really needs to put Raiko in his place.

She looks to dad.

Asami: Tenzin, you should run for President. Raiko wouldn't stand a chance against the son of Avatar Aang. You'd win in a landslide.

Dad chuckles.

Tenzin: No. My days in United Republic politics are behind me. Leading the Air Nation ie my priority now.

Korra looks at me.

Korra: What about you, Y/N? You'd make a great President. This is your home. You care for Republic City and it's people.

Asami: Plus, you were created by Avatar Aang. You'd be perfect for it.

I shake my head.

Y/N: Thanks, babe, but I'm good. I'm not brave enough for politics, it's not my thing. Besides, I like to get things done. Politicians aren't fan's of that.

I look at dad.

Y/N: No offence, dad.

Tenzin: None taken. Besides, there is someone else much more capable of leading the United Republic...

He turns to Zhu-li.

Tenzin: Zhu-li.

Zhu-li: Me?

Y/N: I think you're right, dad.

Asami: Yeah. I mean if you were able to keep up with all of Varrick's ridiculous demands, leading Republic City will seem easy.

Korra: That's a great idea.

Zhu-li: It's an intriguing proposal. I've been so focused on the evacuee crisis, the thought hasn't crossed my mind.

Tenzin: That's exactly why you would make an exemplary leader. You're so compassionate to the needs of other's.

Y/N: That's true. Raiko doesn't have a compassionate bone in his body.

Korra: And you and I would make a great partnership. I'm tired of butting heads with Raiko. It would be nice to have a President I see eye-to-eye with.

Zhu-li thinks for a moment.

Zhu-li: I... I don't know.... but thank you. I'll take it under advisement.

She then looks to dad.

Zhu-li: Tenzin, we should get back to the camp. The new shipment of food and supplies is coming in from Ba Sing Se. I want to make it gets dispersed in a timely fashion.

Tenzin: Lead the way.

The two walk off.

Asami: See you soon, President Moon. See? It has a nice ring to it.

Asami looks to us.

Asami: Well, I better get back to work. I'll see you two later.

Y/N & Korra: Bye.

She walks into her office.

Korra and I look to each other.

Y/N: So, what do you wanna do now? We could get some lunch.

She smiles.

Korra: I'd love to, but I can't. I'm gonna meet with your mum. She's gonna help me with planning the wedding.

Y/N: Do you want me to come too?

Korra: No, no. This is a girl thing right now.

I chuckle.

Y/N: Okay. Understood.

I wrap my arms around her and pull her close.

Y/N: How about we go out for dinner? Have a nice date night.

She smiles.

Korra: That sounds great.

Y/N: Great. I'll get us a table somewhere and pick you up at 7:00.

Korra: Okay, baby.

We lean in and kiss.

Korra: I gotta go. Bye.

Y/N: Bye, babe.

She walks off and heads back to Air Temple Island.

(Five hours later)

Korra and I are now out to dinner together.

We sat at a table outside the restaurant.

Korra smiles.

Korra: This is great. I'm so glad we did this.

I smile.

Y/N: Me too. It's weird, it seems like we can't do this without a crisis coming up.

Korra: Tell me about it. Hopefully, we'll be able to do it more often.

Y/N: I hope so. Did I tell you that you look beautiful? 

She smiles and holds my hand.

Korra: You did. But if you want to keep saying it, I won't stop you.

I chuckle.

Korra: Hey, so I was thinking...

Y/N: Hmm.

Korra: After we get married, I was thinking maybe it'd be nice to have a baby.

I tilt my head.

Y/N: Really?

Korra: Yeah. I've always known I've wanted to have children and I know you'd make a great dad. So, what do you think? Do you wanna have kids?

I smile.

Y/N: Yes, I do. I mean once we're married, we can. We'll have our whole lives together. And who says we have to only have one.

Korra giggles.

Korra: Okay, big guy.

She smiles.

Korra: I'm so glad you said that. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page about kids before we got married.

Y/N: Maybe on our honeymoon we can talk some baby names too, if you want.

Korra: I'd like that.

Y/N: Oh, and just so you know. I think you'll make an amazing mum.

She smiles.

Korra: Thank you, baby.

She leans forward.

Korra: How about we get out of here and go home to get in some practice on making a baby?

I smile.

Y/N: Yeah, let's do it.

After that I go to pay the bill and leave with Korra.

A date and some baby making practice is good for us after the day we've had.