Chapter 61: Back to Air Temple Island

(Republic City)

Y/N's P.O.V

So, we've made it back to Republic City.

We fly down to Air Temple Island and Korra jumps off Oogi once she sees Naga.

Naga lifts her up into the air.

Korra: I missed you so much, girl.

The rest of us drop down.

Meelo: Mum! Dad! We're back! And we've got Korra!

I immediately go over to dad.

Tenzin: Well done, kids. I'm proud of you all for finding Korra.

Meelo: Proud enough to give me my tats?

Tenzin: No.

Y/N: Dad, we need to talk.

Tenzin: What is it, Y/N?

Y/N: Back in Zaofu I ran into an old friend of yours. A man named Versi.

His eyes widen.

Tenzin: Versi? How? Are you sure?

Y/N: Yeah, that's what he said. You need to tell me the truth. Who is he?

Dad nods.

Tenzin: Okay. I'll... I'll tell you everything. Let me talk with Korra first, then meet me in my office. I promise, I'll explain everything.

I sigh.

Y/N: Okay, fine.

He and I go over to Korra.

The two greet each other.

Korra and I tell him about what happened in Zaofu.

Bumi: Where's Bolin? He's not still on Kuvira's side, is he?

Opal: I can't believe he'd stay with her after what she did to my family, but we don't know where he is.

After talking some more, dad goes to his office.

The rest of us go into the temple and see Tahn coming over. 

Tahn: Hey, Y/N. You're back.

Korra's eyes widen.

Korra: What the hell?!

She blasts him with Airbending and he flies into the wall.

Y/N: Korra!

She steps forward.

Korra: Why is he here?!

I step inbetween her and Tahn.

Y/N: Korra, stop! It's okay. He's with us.

Korra: What?

Y/N: He's with us now. He's not our enemy.

Korra: But, Y/N... he...

Y/N: I know what he did, but he's changed. He's not the same way was. After helping out, Lin allowed him to work off his sentence.

Tahn: I'm not here hurtin' anyone.

I go over to him and help him up.

Y/N: Sorry about that, bro.

Tahn: It's okay. In her defence, the last time she saw me I was working with Unalaq and trying to kill you. I don't take it personally.

He sighs.

Tahn: She's got alot of spirit. I can see why you've got the hots for her.

Y/N: Yeah...

Korra: Y/N, you can't trust him. You know that. I mean he tried to kill you.

Y/N: I know what he's done, Korra. Like I said, he's not like that anymore.

I go over to her.

Y/N: Korra, you don't get to dump with me a letter, come back here after three years of nothing and tell me who I can trust.

She looks down.

Korra: I know. And I'm sorry, I...

Y/N: Look, it doesn't matter. I gotta talk to dad.

I walk off and go to dad's office.

Third person perspective 

After Y/N leaves, Tahn walks over to Korra.

She looks at him.

Korra: I'm sorry for doing that. It's just...

Tahn: It's fine. I get it. I probably would've done the same if the roles were reversed. And don't take it personally.

Korra: What do you mean?

Tahn: He's still a little anger, but he still cares about you. I know that much.

Korra: I wish I could believe that, but I find it hard to do so right now.

Tahn: I get it. Just give him some time.

She nods.

(Five minutes later)

Y/N's P.O.V

I walk into dad's office and close the door.

He sees me and stands up.

Tenzin: So, you met Versi?

I nod.

Y/N: I did. So, you gonna tell me about what happened between you and him? Cause you better be.

Tenzin: I will. Sit down, son.

He and I sit down together.

Tenzin: I met Versi while out in the colonies. This was about five years before you came along.

Y/N: Okay.

Tenzin: When I found him, like you he was a natural Airbender and a fast learner. So, I brought him back to Republic City to train him as an Airbender. I thought I could train him just as well as my father trained me. I was wrong.

Y/N: So, what happened?

Tenzin: After two years of training, I started taking him on missions. And things were going well, but I started to see he had this darkness within him. At first I thought it was nothing to worry about, but again, I was wrong.

Y/N: Something bad happened.

Tenzin: It did. On one mission we had to deal with some insurgents and... Versi killed their leader after he surrendered.

My eyes widen.

Tenzin: After that I realised he could become to dangerous and out of fear I told him to leave and never come back.

He sighs.

Tenzin: I'm so sorry I didn't tell you, son. I didn't want you to think that I'd do the same to you. In hindsight, it wasn't the right thing to do, but at the time I didn't know what else to do.

Y/N: I'm not him, dad.

Tenzin: I know, but I didn't want to risk it. I'm truly sorry.

Y/N: Don't be. It's okay. You were trying to protect me.

Tenzin: I was.

I sigh.

Y/N: Right now, it doesn't matter.

I stand up.

Y/N: We need to stop Versi if he comes to Republic City.

Tenzin: We do.

Y/N: Look, I just need to go and get some air. I'll be back later.

Tenzin: Okay, son. I'll contact Lin and have her be on the lookout for Versi, just in case he tries to show up in Republic City.

Y/N: Good idea.

I leave dad's office.

Though I know what I have to do now.

If Versi shows up I have to stop him from hurting my family.