Chapter 21: The Avatar's Back

(The next day)

(South Pole)

Y/N's P.O.V

All of us are now at the South Pole as Korra needed to be healed by gran gran.

We all wait outside the room for her and after a few minutes gran gran comes out.

Everyone stands up.

Katara: I tried everything in my power, but I cannot restore Korra's Bending.

I sigh.

Y/N: Damn it.

Lin: But you're the best healer in the world. You have to keep try.

Katara: I'm sorry. There's nothing else I can do. Korra can still Airbend, but her connection to the other elements has been severed.

Just then Korra comes out of the room.

Tenzin: It's going to be alright, Korra.

Korra: No, it's not.

She leaves the room and goes outside.

Y/N: I'll go talk to her.

I leave to go after her.

Y/N: Korra, wait.

She stops.

Korra: Go away.

Y/N: I will, but I just want you to know that I'm here for you. Whatever you need.

Korra: No, I mean go away. Go back to Republic City. Get on with your life.

Y/N: What the hell are you talking about?

Korra: I'm not the Avatar anymore. You don't need to do me any favors.

She tries to leave, but I stop her.

Y/N: Wait, you thought I only cared about you because you're the Avatar? That's bullshit, Korra. I don't care if you're the Avatar or not.

I sigh.

Y/N: Listen, when Tarrlok took you... I was losing my mind at the thought of losing you forever. I was so mad I even thought about killing Tarrlok. I can't lose you, Korra, ever. I love you, Korra. That's what I wanted to tell you before.

I put my hand on her cheek.

Y/N: I love you. And I always have.

She moves my hand away with tears in her eyes.

Korra: I... I can't.

She rushes over to Naga and leaves.

Y/N: Korra!!

Dad then comes over.

Tenzin: We need to be patient with her, son. It will take time for her to accept what has happened.

Korra's P.O.V

I ride away on Naga. I just can't be around anyone right now.

Y/N loves me, I can't believe it.

That's all I've ever wanted to hear him say, ever since we were thirteen.

But I just can't do it right now. I lost my bending aside from air.

I'm no Avatar.

(Twenty minutes later)

Y/N's P.O.V

Korra's been gone for awhile now and I'm sick of waiting, so I'm gonna go and find her.

I have Wolf sniff her out.

After a few minutes of searching I find near the edge of a cliff.

Just then she uses Airbending and goes up into the air.

Korra starts using Firebending and Earthbending. She then makes a wave of water come up into the air.

After that she slowly comes back down to the ground.

Y/N: Whoa. That is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

She looks at me with a smile on her face.

Korra: Y/N.

I go over to her, she runs at me and jumps into my arms.

I spin her around and gently put her back down.

We look at each other and Korra puts her hand on my cheek.

Korra: I love you too.

We lean in and kiss.

Looks like the Avatar is back.

(A/N: Well, that's the end of Book One. I hope you enjoyed it. Next up is Book Two. Hope you'll enjoy the next arc as well. Crazy shit will go down in the next arc. Oh and sorry for the short chapter, everyone.)