Chapter 17: Chemistry & Fire

(3rd Person's POV)

You were gasping loudly as your name was written as the winner of this match. And honestly, you really didn't see it coming!

"Why the hell are you shocked?! I should be the one to look shocked! Tch, I can't believe I lost to a first year, twice! Damn it!!" Hiroto hissed angrily, while you still had that shocked face.

You blinked a couple of times after making sure that you weren't hallucinating, without a word you left the arena, ignoring Hiroto's ranting about his loss until you were inside.

"Now's the semi-final is what's left to reach the main tournament..." you sighed, mumbling to yourself.

Today, the academy wrapped it up for the day, and the next day will be the first match of the semi-final between the four winners.

-

The next day...

"We'll now have round 2 of the semi-finals! The theme for this match will be 'Beef'" this time, chef Dojima announced as the judges from before had changed to the chefs who're from the training camp.

Between you and yourself, you sighed in relief that chef Shinomiya wasn't among those judges, or else you're dead.

"At least the other ones are kind of nice...I guess?" you thought, anxiously.

In this match, Eizan is going against Kuga...

"LET THE COOKING...COMMENCE!!" chef Dojima declared, and everybody cheered.

Kuga and Eizan smirked at each other, already starting the fight with their burning gazes before starting to cook as fast as they could.

"Kuga-Kun is boiling beef shank and tribe in a large pot and added freshly sliced ginger" chef Inui spoke. "He rinsed the pot's water, then put back the beef shank and tribe, and the ginger back into the pot, but this time he added the scallions, and Sichuan peppercorns, then he added fresh water to boil them together" chef Mizuhara added.

"Etsuya-Kun is whisking ingredients of what seems to be a cream sauce" chef Dojima remarked with crossed arms. "He mixed horseradish, fresh cream, yogurt, anchovies, and artichoke hearts together in a bowl while the 'Roast Beef' is getting roasted in the oven. 'Roast Beef' is essentially prepared as a main meal. In the U.K, U.S, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia, 'Roast Beef' is one of the meats traditionally served at Sunday dinner" he clarified.

"The horseradish is perennial plant of the Brassicaceae family, which includes mustard, wasabi, broccoli, and cabbage. It's a root vegetable used as a spice. The plant is native to Southeastern Europe and Western Asia, and it's quite popular worldwide. It hardly has any aroma" chef Inui explained.

You watched the match between the students, and on your right sat Nene while Satoshi was on your left. Tugging at the male's sleeve to gain his attention, his cyan-coloured eyes saw your frowning little face.

"Hey, who do you think is gonna win this match?" you couldn't help but ask. Satoshi smiled sheepishly, "who knows?".

Well, that didn't help at all...

Even our main heroes don't know the answer...

But it is quite a perplexing match...

Eizan vs. Kuga...

Chemistry vs. Fire...

It is known that fire eats everything and everyone in sight without any mercy, and the only trail fire leaves behind is ashes and destruction.