Chapter 1: First Encounter

(3rd Person's POV)

Fate...

According to Oxford Languages, it is the development of events outside a person's control. Events that are destined to happen, to turn out, or act in a particular way.

Fate can be unpredictable, though.

It doesn't have a specific character. Out of the blue, fate leaves one's life just like the same way it came crashing into one's life and turn it upside down.

Fate can also be an odd thing.

It can either gather two complete strangers together, or pull them apart to the ends of the earth like east and west!

A popular saying of 'Life is a box of chocolate' can be related to fate in some way. The choices a person makes can result to have either a sweet-tasting fate for happiness, or a bitter taste for catastrophe.

But one could wonder...

Will fate approve of two people from different worlds come together? Or will it stand in their way like a mountain that separates them?

There's only one answer.

-

7:00am, at the Mochiduki resident...

"(Y/N), sweetie! Breakfast is ready!" yelled a very tender, soothing voice of a mother calling to her 5-year-old child, as the little girl rushed down the stairs excitedly.

"Good morning mama and papa!" you spoke happily. "Good morning, smurfy!" Hiroshi smiled. "Aww, papa! Stop calling me that!" you pouted, stomping on the floor as your father chuckled.

"Take a seat, (Y/N)" Hana motioned for you to sit, and placed the food in front of you. "Thank you for the food!" you cheered and began eating.

While you and your mother were eating, Hiroshi was looking through his book of recipes which caught your attention.

"What are you doing, papa?" you asked. "I'm trying to come up with a new dish, so I'm looking through my recipe book if there's anything we didn't make" your dad answered, resting a hand on his chin. "Ah, my coffee's ready" he then said, getting up from his seat and went to the kitchen.

Grabbing the book of recipes, you flipped the pages as you saw the pictures of various dishes your family serves at the diner. All looked appealing, all looked delicious.

"Hmm...'Tempura'...'Yakitori'...'Donburi'...'Tamagoyaki'...'Soba'...'Kashi Pan'" you mumbled as went through the book.

"Papa, how come we don't serve something spicy??" you looked at Hiroshi who came back to sit with a cup of coffee. He raised his brows, "well, I haven't really thought about that".

"I think adding a spicy dish is a great idea. It always makes people eat more!" Hana exclaimed with crossed arms and a smirk.

Hiroshi then smiled, "alrighty then, let's do it! Our little smurfy here is quite clever". You giggled while swinging your legs happily.

"Oh, mama, papa, since it's weekend now, can I go play at the park today?" you asked, smiling brightly. Both your parents nodded.

"Yaaaay! Thank you!" you cheered loudly.

After breakfast, you ran upstairs and changed into your outing clothes, and put on your shoes. Once you went downstairs, you saw your mother already waiting for you at the front door.

"Let's go, sweetheart" she said, smiling softly as you held her warm hand.

The distance between your home and the park was only a 5 minutes' walk, when you finally reached there, you expected a lot of families with their children playing like always,