Chapter 58: The Sweet Ending (Pt.1)

(3rd Person's POV)

"Now, let's see if you'll be able to take my strike!" Saito was the first to finish his dish.

"Salmon meuniere, piping hot and steaming with the rich aroma of butter" Ryo remarked. "Sauteed squid liver, boldly fragrant with the scents of garlic and soy sauce" Hayama added.

"And a gleaming mound of glittery salmon roe marinated in soy sauce" Alice said. "It's a gathering of the ultimate gourmet ingredients!" Marui said with wide eyes.

"Uh, Yuki, you're drooling" Ryoko glanced at the orange-haired girl who had a waterfall of drool coming out of her mouth. "Well, I can't help it!" Yuki cried.

"Let our blades clash again, Yukihira Soma" Saito smirked, glancing at the red head before he proceeded to approach the judges with their servings. Anne grabbed her chopsticks, and poked the salmon, causing more steam to come out of it.

"Even more steam came out as soon as I dug in with my chopsticks. The anticipation is warming up my body" she commented in disbelief before eating the food.

*FOODGASM*

"It's coming! The wave is coming!".

"This gleaming seafood is riding upon a wave of butter...", "...that's about to come crashing down on my tongue!" Histoire and Charme yelled, joyfully.

"I JUST CAN'T STOP EATING IT!!!" the three judges said in unison as they kept devouring Saito's food.

"He used mounds of butter, and yet the flavor doesn't seem heavy due to an important secret in the sushi rice. It's special sushi rice made with orange and lemon juice rather than vinegar" Erina stated.

"Sushi rice with orange and lemon?!", "So that's why he had all those oranges!" Shoji and Daigo's eyes widened.

"Of course, if you add a clump of grease, such as butter, to seafood that's already greasy, the flavor will be too rich" Marui clarified. "To lighten the greasiness into a more pleasing and palatable flavor, he chose to use the refreshing tang of the oranges" Shun added.

"Many staple French sauces traditionally use butter and oranges together. He even paid attention to the rice, all to bring out the most in the butter" Hisako informed. "And because of that, he was able to bring out the best of the butter's aroma" Hayama confirmed.

"He really brought it to another level!" Ryo stated while Alice nodded in agreement.

"It's as though his dish is a samurai who put his entire spirit into his blade and is poised to strike at any moment" Satoshi said with a serious expression as he watched with crossed arms.

-

Meanwhile...

In Kuga's room, the two of you were lying on his bed under the covers, the boy was hugging you from behind, your bare back was against his chest as he was giving small kisses around your shoulder.