Chapter 55: Warm Reactions

(3rd Person's POV)

"I apologize for keeping you waiting" Saito spoke, smirking.

"They prepared everything the exact same way, but Saito-Senpai finished first?!" Megumi asked in disbelief.

Takumi's eyes were wide as he stared at Saito's sushi dish, "It's unbelievably beautiful! There are so many intensely different shades of red sparkling radiantly on the plate".

"Those are smaller than the 'Temari Sushi' I made at the 'Autumn Elections'" Alice said, smiling playfully. "So cute!" Yuki stared in awe, drooling.

"Looks a lot different from the sushi at our diner" you thought, frowning.

"'Ten Bite-Size Maguro-Sushi Rubies'! Now, please enjoy" Saito served his dish to the judges.

"So, this is the maguro sushi prepared by Totsuki's best sushi chef" Charme said with a stunned expression

"So, this is the maguro sushi prepared by Totsuki's best sushi chef" Charme said with a stunned expression. "They say in Kyoto, they have tiny sushi that the maiko can eat without smearing their makeup" Anne said, her cheeks were still red.

"A dish that truly seems to encapsulate the beauty of Japan" Histoire added, then Mimasaka approached the judges.

"I also apologize for keeping you waiting" he said, your eyes widened as his dish was a perfect copy of Saito's! Every single piece!

Except...for one.

A piece that Saito didn't have, but it was Mimasaka's own touch.

"A 'Gunkanmaki'..." you thought, your orbs sparkled as you stared at the beauty of this particular piece. Sure, the other ones look pretty, but this one stood out to you more than them.

"So that's the arrangement Mimasaka decided to go into battle with. That's where their tastes differ" Takumi stated with crossed arms.

"Sushi is best when it's freshly prepared. I'll just-..." Anne was about to try a piece when a voice stopped her.

"Hold up a sec! Rindou-Senpai's comin' through!" Rindou showed up with her servings, ready and hot to serve! "I'd prefer if you'd eat my dish before it gets cold, too".

"What the-...", "The meat is buried in cayenne peppers!" Shoji and Daigo yelled. You grimaced at the sight, it felt like it would burn your eyes if you stared for too long. It looks like as if Rindou dumped the entire cayenne peppers into her dish.

 It looks like as if Rindou dumped the entire cayenne peppers into her dish