Chapter 32: Herbs & Spices

(3rd Person's POV)

"Um, chief?" Tsukiyo called, nervously. "Yes, Tsuki-Chin?" Kuga responded, his wine-coloured orbs not leaving the academy's paper.

"I'm done with today's task, and since I don't have anything else to do, I was wondering if I can go to that Shokugeki" she said. Kuga glanced up at her for a moment before sighing, putting down the newspaper.

"Fine" he said, which made her smile excitedly. "Thank you!" she beamed and quickly left the RS.

-

Meanwhile...

The whole academy was watching intently as the judges were devouring Soma's meat dish. You arrived a little late, but it wasn't hard for you to spot the 'Polar Star' gang because of the cheering signs, which made you giggle as you walked up the staircase to the empty seat next to them.

"Oh, Mochiduki-Senpai! You're here!" Yuki noticed you and smiled. "Hey, guys" you gave a little wave, sitting down next to Marui. "Where've you been?? The Shokugeki started long ago" Ryoko asked.

"Ah, sorry, I got a little busy" you smiled sheepishly. "So, what's happening right now?".

"Well, the judges seemed to love Mito-San's dish, but when they tried Soma-Kun's..." Megumi explained. "They started eating more!" Yuki added, excitedly. You hummed as you watched the judges eating Soma's dish like their lives depended on it, which made you smile, things seemed to be going good so far.

"It sure does feel like I can eat this forever!" one of the judges remarked with his mouth full. "This hint of acidity...Could it be?" a female judge stared at the food.

"Yes, the trick's in the rice. I mixed handmade pickled plum paste into the don's rice. It's 'Refreshing Plum-Flavoured Rice'!" Soma answered, proudly as held a jar of plum paste.

"I knew it! The pickled plums were behind this refreshing aftertaste!" one of the judges stated.

"The texture of this steak is so light, yet the flavours, so fragrant!", "The superb sauce with its signature creaminess!", "And, the refreshing pickled plum-flavoured rice!".

"EACH COMPONENT IS HEIGHTENING THE OTHERS' FLAVOR!! YOU JUST CAN'T SHOVELLING IT ALL IN!!" the judges shouted in unison.

"Oooooh, pickled plums! How smart of Soma, haha" you thought, smiling.

"Man, I'm already done!", "How about seconds? Can we have seconds?? The 'Roti Don' was fantastic, as well. But this don is better at making you want to eat more" the judges pleaded after finishing their bowls.

"I see. It seems that the judges didn't finish Mito-San's don, it's left half unfinished" you mused, crossing your arms as you watched intently.

Soma then offered Mito a don bowl of his, and she reluctantly took it. Taking a bite, after another, and after another until she finished it.

It was evident as her tears rolled down her cheeks, as the judges slammed their hands on the buttons, voting for the victor of this Shokugeki.

"What a surprise! The victor is Yukihira Soma!" Urara announced, and the audience cheered.

"He did it!", "Yukihira!" Daigo and Yuki cheered, and you clapped your hands happily before getting up and ran down the stairs to the arena.

Suddenly, Mito was screaming at Soma, calling him an idiot as she ran for the hills while Soma casually waved goodbye to her. Making you raise a brow.

"Soma!" you called, walking towards the red head. Soma turned around and his face lit up as he jogged to you, spreading his arms wide open. "(Y/N)-Senpai!".