Chapter 13: Autumn Elections (Pt.1)

(3rd Person's POV)

During the summer break, you and Satoshi were busy taking care of the 'Polar Star' farm in the morning. It was quite hot, and the sun was shining so bright it almost blinded you. Although, Satoshi didn't seem to be bothered by that at all, and he only wore the fundoshi.

"Well! What a beautiful morning! It's a perfect way to start the first day of summer break!" he beamed with overjoy.

"Oi, kids! You've got a letter from the 'Autumn Elections' office!!" Fumio-San yelled from afar. You quickly stood up and ran towards her, "let's see it!".

Satoshi stood nearby, glancing back at you and Fumio-San while still holding a shovel as you opened the letter.

'Topic: Meat Dish'

"Huh?!" you raised your brows in surprise. "Ara, so you're gonna make a meat dish" Fumio-San remarked with crossed arms.

-

Inside the dormitory...

"So, we just have to make a meat dish? But what kind of meat?? There's chicken, beef, pork, lamb, turkey, duck..." you asked, putting a finger on your chin.

"Since the letter only said 'meat dish', then it must mean that we can use any type of meat" Satoshi stated, sipping on his tea, expressing how good it is. "The tea tastes wonderful, Fumio-San. Can I have seconds?".

"Hmmm...You know, if the meat is optional, I could make one of our diner's dishes. Maybe a 'Donburi'. You can cook it with either meat or seafood!" you mentioned, smiling.

"That's right. Speaking of which, how were things going at your family's restaurant?" Satoshi asked, looking at you.

"Well, I started working at our diner as soon as I entered middle school. But before that, my parents wanted me to come up with a new menu. It wasn't that hard, actually. Then, after I started working with them, I used to be a waitress. I cleaned the tables, mopped the floor, washed the dishes, took orders from customers, and served their foods. Then, my parents taught me to cook! After I practiced countless of times until I mastered the dishes, I came here to Totsuki to enhance my knowledge. Honestly, I never thought I'd come this far after hearing how cruel this academy's trainings are. Hehe, kind of amazing!" you explained, sighing and gave a small smile.

Satoshi stared at you in awe before jumping with a gleeful face, giving you a big bear hug.

"WHAT AMAZING PARENTS! THEY WORKED SO HARD TO TRAIN YOU UNTIL YOU BECAME A TALENTED CHEF! I'M SO HAPPY THEY HAD YOU, (N/N)!!" he shouted, happily while you struggled to breathe, and your face turned to a dark shade of red due to the fact that he was still naked.

"(N-N-N/N)??!" you screamed after backing away, blushing insanely. Satoshi nodded, "yep! I always thought of it, and it suits you!".

You stared at him with wide eyes, feeling your heart flutter inside. Playing with your fingers, you looked away shyly. "T-Thanks...". The brown-haired male smiled widely, which soon enough affected you and smiled back.

Since that time, you and Satoshi spent the summer break working hard to make the best meat dish you could serve for the 'Autumn Elections'. You read several books about meats, spices, rice, and tried different recipes for your 'Donburi'.

As there was still time, you called your parents and told them that you were coming home. While Satoshi stayed at the dormitory with Fumio-San.

"Only 3 weeks left for the prelims..." you mused after riding the bus.