Chapter 31: Dog Eat Dog

(Tsukiyo's POV)

Today, things have been kinda awkward between me and Terunori. I mean, when we were out last night, we spent the entire time without speaking with each other. I was too nervous to even speak, and felt my stomach turn that it was hard to say anything.

And it got worse when he suddenly held my hand...

My heart pounded so hard in my chest I felt like it was going to burst!

Even after the movie ended, we walked out still holding hands, and not saying anything to each other.

But anyway, let's drop that for now. I'm in the middle of cooking as I thought about a new dish for the RS. Of course, it'll be spicy, and I'm sure that Terunori will love it!

"All done! Ter-...uh, chief!" I walked out of the kitchen, holding the plate to where the other recruits were training, and Terunori was sitting on his chair and keeping an eye on them.

"Hm? What is it, Tsuki-Chin?" he turned his head, boredly looking at me.

"I cooked up a new dish! Can you try it?" I grinned excitedly as I showed him the plate.

"This is 'Mapo Tofu'. How's that a new dish?" he raised a brow. "Welllll...I made it a little differently" I smirked.

He stared at my dish, as the fragrance snuck into his nostrils, and a satisfying sigh came out of his lips. Terunori bit on his lower lip as he smirked.

"Hmmm...The fragrance is very comforting. Alright, I'll try it for you, doll!" he gave me a wink, which made me blush and look away.

I served the dish to him on a table, and he took a spoonful of the 'Mapo Tofu'. He raised a brow and tilted his head to the side.

"Chicken cubes with soft tofu..." he muttered. "It's 'Spicy Chicken Mapo Tofu'! Dig in!" I said, smiling.

Terunori narrowed his eyes, humming as he opened his mouth and ate the 'Mapo Tofu'. I clasped my hands together tightly as I saw him chew.

"Ooooh, this actually taste good! Very good! Most of the recipe of 'Mapo Tofu' is the same, except that you replaced the ground beef with chicken cubes! I guess all the trainings I've put you through really paid off" he said, smiling widely.

"Oh, thank you!" I cheered, clapping and jumping up and down.

-

(3rd Person's POV)

Kuga smiled at the cheering girl, but then his smile slightly faded as he felt a familiar energy coming from the platinum-blonde haired girl.

Suddenly, a picture of you flashed through his mind when you were cheering for him during the 'Autumn Elections' last year.

Quickly shaking the random thoughts out of his head, he got up from his seat, and his smile returned to his lips.

"Tsuki-Chin, you should now feel honoured for your dish is good enough to be added on the 'Chinese Cuisine RS' menu" he proudly announced.

"Ah! Yay!!" the girl cheered, happily. Well, a little too happily, as she hugged Kuga tightly, and the boy was completely taken aback by the sudden action.

His cheeks were burning as the girl buried her face into his neck while her arms were wrapped around his waist. Kuga's arms were spread as he stared down at her with wide eyes, his heart was beating so fast he could imagine it panicking and screaming like crazy!