Chapter 6: Surviving Training Camp (Pt.1)

(3rd Person's POV)

Today's the day, all first-year students were gathered with their needed luggage and load them inside the busses so they can head off to the training camp.

It was a good morning, the sun was shining, the students were hyper, it was a good start. After he loaded his luggage, a boy with multicoloured hair got into one of the busses, hands buried in his pockets, and sat on an empty seat right next to window. He rested his chin on his fist as he gazed on nature like it was a beautiful painting. Though he wasn't smiling or as excited as the other students, he thought that was just stupid.

He's got more important things to do than some useless chitty chat with the other students. Ever since he stepped into the oh so great academy, he's been eyeing the top spot. And only the top spot. The training camp will be a piece of cake for him, if he passes, he's halfway there!

Everything's going according to his plan.

Only...

If the one peasant quit tripping him on his way to climb to the top.

"Hi, Terunori!".

A sweet, angelic voice spoke which flinched the boy as his wine-coloured orbs turned his head to find a certain brown-haired girl with multicoloured eyes, smiling at him.

Kuga's surprised face was quickly turned into a disgusted frown as he glared at you like you were his nemesis. Well, you kind of are to him.

"Ugh, who told you that you can sit next to me?" he asked, angrily. "Well, nobody's sitting here. Besides, you could use a friend to talk to" you stated, merely shrugging.

"As if I'm going to talk to you! I don't like wasting my time with useless conversations!" Kuga sneered. "Why do you think they're useless?" you asked, and the half-brown-half-blonde boy looked back at you.

"Conversations can be useful. Not only when it comes to cooking, but...whenever you need to let things out, you can find someone to talk to" you added, smiling softly.

Kuga's eyes widened as he stared at you in silence for a while before looking away and look back at the window.

"Whatever. Just don't talk to me" he muttered. You frowned a little before looking at Satoshi who just got into the same bus and sat next to Nene. You waved at both of them, which Satoshi returned but Nene just nodded her head politely and continued reading her book. Behind them sat Eizan cross handed, not caring about his surroundings.

"Useful conversations? That's bullshit..." the boy thought.

-

Later...

The bus ride was quite boring for you. Almost everyone was quiet, only some were having simple conversations. You heard Satoshi talk with Nene from time to time, but she only gave small answers.

While you were gazing at the window like Kuga did until at some point you noticed his eyes were closed. You thought that he looked cute and peaceful when he's sleeping and smiled.

When the busses arrived at their destination, you gently tapped Kuga's shoulder to wake him up. Luckily, he wasn't a heavy sleeper or anything. As soon as he opened his eyes, he got up and left the bus without saying a word.

Following him like a baby duck, you grabbed your luggage, and soon your eyes became full of shock once you saw the tall, luxurious building in front of you. It was one of Totsuki academy's fancy hotels.

"Wow..." you couldn't help but say. "It's amazing, isn't it? That's how Totsuki is" Satoshi commented, standing right next to you. "Yeah. It must cost a fortune to stay for one night!" you said.