Chapter 68: Granting a Wish (Pt.1)

(Y/N's POV)

A lot happened in the next couple of days.

For the 2nd bout, they had two matches at the same time. In hall A, Erina went against Takumi-Kun. And in hall B, Saiba Asahi went against Megumi-Chan.

Now, for Erina and Takumi-Kun, I'm not saying that I'm glad that Takumi-Kun lost, but if she's planning on winning the 'BLUE' just like she had determined in front of the Book Master, who turned out to be her mother, then I'll root for her!

I was astonished when Isami-Kun told me that, then I had to scold him and his brother, Soma, Mito-Kun, and Megumi-Chan for sneaking into the castle without permission. Soma chuckled like a mischievous little boy and reassured me that nothing bad happened, but that didn't stop me from scolding him the most.

As for Megumi-Chan, it was honestly crushing to see her lose to that liar Asahi! But I'm still so proud that she made it this far as a chef, and there's nothing to be ashamed of when you lose. I just wish she would stop thinking so small of herself and realize how great she really is.

Soma, Erina, and Asahi are the only ones who keep moving forward in the competition, while the rest of the chefs lose the matches to them.

And now, we stand in front of a screen to see the contestants' progress. Right at the moment, Erina is in the middle of a match. If she wins, she'll go to the finals.

"Erina-Sama and Yukihira both made it to the semifinals" Mito-Kun spoke. "Yeah. And Yukihira's next opponent is...Saiba Asahi" Takumi-Kun said.

I swallowed thickly as my insides felt like they were getting tied into a knot, my brows furrowed as my eyes were glued on the screen and the voices next to me were slowly fading away.

"Mochiduki-Senpai...Mochiduki-Senpai!" I snapped out of my daze as I looked at the three kohais staring at me with puzzled expressions.

"Are you okay? You zoned out" Isami-Kun asked, frowning. "Y-Yeah. I'm okay" I said, slightly scratching my neck as I looked away nervously.

"Let's go see how Nakiri-San's doing" Takumi-Kun suggested, and we all nodded before making our way to the venue where Erina's match is currently happening.

-

Later...

(3rd Person's POV)

As the audience murmured with astonishment, Erina stood proudly as her name appeared on the screen, declaring her victory against her opponent.

"Heck yeah!" Kuga cheered. "Way to go, Totsuki academy director!" Tsukasa calmly said.

"Nakiri-San's amazing..." Megumi watched in awe. "But what's with the look on her face?" you couldn't help but ask. Erina had quite a disturbing expression as if she wasn't happy about her winning.

You didn't blame her, though, she must be terrified of facing her next and final opponent, which is Saiba Asahi. However, you couldn't surely tell since Soma is going against him in the next match. You know that Soma is strong, he's literally the 1st seat of the elite ten!

But...Asahi has more experience. He didn't go to a culinary school, but you assumed that he travelled the world and tried so many cuisines and mastered all of them before coming all the way to Japan and suddenly announces that he wants to marry Nakiri Erina, while he holds a grudge against Saiba Joichiro for abandoning him at the orphanage. And now, Soma wants to get revenge on him because his father, for the first time, lost against the boy who had once saw him as a role model.