Chapter 54: Different

(Y/N's POV)

A sigh of relief left my lips as I took another sip of my tea, relaxing after the first bout was finished.

The rebel team won.

*Flashback*

Once Satoshi won, he made Shiratsu-Kun apologize for insulting us.

"That's not enough!" I stated, glaring at the blonde boy. He raised his head and looked at me, everyone else did.

"You also must apologize to Satoshi for insulting him and saying that he's a disgrace to the Isshiki family!" I demanded. "Haha, there's no need to, (N/N)" Satoshi smiled, but I growled at Shiratsu-Kun, and he flinched and immediately bowed in front of him.

"M-M-My apologies, Isshiki! Please forgive me!" he begged for forgiveness. Satoshi chuckled, "All is well, Shiratsu-Kun. You can get up now".

After that, Soma won against Nene. Judge Anne-San requested Nene to try her own soba dish, then try Soma's. The enormous difference between them shocked her to her core. Though that didn't really stop her from asking Satoshi to face her in the second bout. After spending so many years trying to perfect everything, Satoshi was still better than her, regardless of him being a seat below her. He used to master everything so easily while it took her a loooooong time to do so, she hated him for not being so serious.

Once Soma was announced victory, Megishima-Senpai won against Hiroto. He had a small tantrum afterwards.

*End of Flashback*

But that's the difference between Nene and Satoshi. Satoshi was doing everything out of enjoyment, while Nene took things so seriously that she didn't even get to enjoy doing everything.

"Well, she needed to learn it the hard way..." I mused, taking another sip.

The battle isn't over yet, so that doesn't mean I should take it easy now. It's only a one-hour break and we're back to the second bout, all locked up in the cage like circus animals, waiting for the big, final match that will determine whether we stay in the cage, or granted freedom.

As for me and Terunori...

We hadn't talked until now, not even admitting the existence of both of us in the same room. I was still trying to avoid him, but when we were at the arena, I couldn't help but steal glances at him. I let out a deep breath and checked my watch, it was time to head back to the arena, so I got up and met with the 'Polar Star' dormmates before making our way back there.

"Now that our one-hour break is over, the second bout is about to begin! I wonder what the next battle will bring! The three judges will continue to be the three Bookmen from the W.G.O!" Urara announced, but then we noticed Anne-San swaying back and forth in her seat.

"Wait, is Anne-San drunk?" Yuki-Chan asked with raised brows. "I-I wonder how that happened..." Sakaki-Kun said, nervously, while I giggled.

"We're back in a cage again?!" Alice-Chan asked, huffing her cheeks. "Well, what'd you expect? We've been expelled" Hayama-Kun stated.

"I'll sue their asses later!" Alice-Chan pouted. "Hayama, there's no point in talking to her" Kurokiba-Kun said, calmly.

"First up, we have our next three contestants from the loathsome rebels!" I rolled my eyes with annoyance at Urara's lame introduction, then looked at our team. A small gasp escaped my mouth as I saw him.

"Oh, heya!" Terunori waved with a closed-eye smile, even though the audience booed him and the other two.

"YOU CAN DO IT!", "YOU GUYS NEED TO WIN AGAIN!", "GO! STALKER GORILLA!" the girls cheered; I covered my mouth to prevent myself from laughing.