Chapter 22: Bitter Coffee & Sweet Cream (Pt.2)

(Y/N's POV)

Two days later, we were finally done with the café, as we wore our uniform that Shibata-San provided for us with our name tags. We all wore black pants, a white shirt, and topped with a black vest and a bow tie. I had my hair up in a ponytail, and I snuck some lip-gloss to look pretty. Hehe.

We started hanging coloured sheets and balloons as decorations right outside the café for the grand opening. Then we prepared some tables that had some food we made, which we'll be giving out to the customers for free.

Of course, the inside of the café was full of beautiful paintings besides the one I made on the big wall. There was another wall where I painted two couples sitting across from each other, staring into each other's eyes as they both held their coffee mugs.

 There was another wall where I painted two couples sitting across from each other, staring into each other's eyes as they both held their coffee mugs

Then, I drew some very small things like coffee mugs, coffee beans, and heart.

Once we were done, us employees stood next to each other while Shibata-San, and Kubo-San stood in front of us as they observed our appearance in order to look presentable to our customers, and not look like a bunch of gangsters.

"Kenji, straighten your name tag" Shibata-San pointed, as Kenji did so. "Mochiduki-Kun, fix your bow tie" he added, I looked down and saw that it wasn't tied well, so I fixed it.

"How about a speech? You should give a speech to the troops" Kubo-San stated.

"T-Then...Everyone, you all did a great job helping prepare this café, and I'm sure that you all will do a great job serving our customers with big smiles on your faces. So, let's work hard!" Shibata-San encouraged.

"Woho!!" I cheered, raising both my arms. "Alright, let's do it!", "Yeah!" Yamazaki-San and Hayashi-San joined me. Fujiwara-San chuckled lightly, as our boss and barista smiled.

After a while, the café was swarmed with customers, especially with girls...

"Enjoy your coffee" I said with a smile. When I looked around, I sighed with satisfaction. "Wow, the place is so busy. You know, I wonder how Terunori is doing, and where's he working right now" I thought, tilting my head to the side.

"Well, whatever. I'm having too much fun to think about him right now".

"Wow, look at this painting!", "Amazing!", "It looks realistic, too!" I heard the customers say about my masterpiece. I mentally screamed with joy!

-

Later at night...

We closed down and left the café.

"Good work, everyone!" Yamazaki-San said. "Good work!" Hayashi-San added.

"Good night!!" we all said to each other as we parted ways.

It was a long way back to Totsuki 'Polar Star' dormitory. I took the train, and instantly fell asleep as soon as I sat down. I was lucky enough to wake up at the right station. Then I walked until I reached the gate.