Chapter 61: The Ultimate Spice

(3rd Person's POV)

"I see. It appears as though you put some work into it. I'm sure that if Tsukasa and Kobayashi have acknowledged the dish, it's somewhat delicious. But let me be up-front. No matter how you made this dish, I have no intention of ever acknowledging it. Honestly...I never wanted to see my daughter dragged down to this level. Preparing this dish so frantically that she was out of breath. Not even a hint of elegance left...Erina, because of that thoughtless boy, you were forced to create this impromptu dish against your will. If that continues, you're going to suffer until it suffocates you. It's 'passion' that's unnecessary to you" Azami lectured his daughter, sternly.

Hearing all that made you feel speechless and stunned as you felt anger burn in your chest. How could he say that to his daughter?! Suffocate her?? He's the one that's been suffocating her for years like a doll that's been wrapped around his fingers, and forces her to cook specific foods, and only eat specific gourmet dishes while throwing the rest into the trash! All that was against her own will.

"Unnecessary passion? I appreciate your concern. However, there's one more addition to this dish that allows it to transform" Erina spoke, then held a small bowl in her hand. "Now, behold the true form of my specialty!" she poured something gold on the chicken, you and everyone stared in awe at it.

 "Now, behold the true form of my specialty!" she poured something gold on the chicken, you and everyone stared in awe at it

"What the hell is that?" Ryo asked. "Those glistening gold things are wrapping themselves around the chicken breasts!" Alice pointed out. Now the dish looked even more delicious than before. Your eyes widened as you were amazed by how alluring Erina's dish looked.

"That's the transforming rice seasoning!" Hisako said.

"The rich aroma of the jidori chicken is rising!" Hayama stated.

"From the looks of it, these are cubes of aspic..." Decora said, and then the aroma of the chicken caused her to moan. "Amazing!" she mentally screamed. "The rich scent of the roasted jidori chicken is tickling my nose" Anne mused with a flustered face.

"Very well. I will take a bite so that I can at least scold my misguided daughter" Azami said, as he finally took a bite of the chicken, followed by Decora, Courage, and Anne.

*FOODGASM*

"The aspic cubes have perfectly melted, adding luxuriant layers to both the flavor and the texture of the dish" Decora remarked, mentally.

"The crispy rice crackers have soaked up all of the jidori's umami, and the scrambled egg sauce is even creamier than before! The perfect balance of this dish makes it godly!" Anne thought, excitedly.

"Tsukasa Eishi and Kobayashi Rindou brought us to this Eden of gourmet...", "And just as we thought we had comfortably settled down in that Eden, the one who appeared was...".