Chapter Fifty: To Be Restless

SUMMARY: Prompt by the lovely @ShallowDove from AO3: Reader already has trouble sleeping sometimes, but for some time now, she really can not sleep for the life of her, pulling unintentional all-nighters, or getting only a couple hours of sleep, no matter how tired she is. Alcina tries to help her in any way she can, and eventually, she discovers that our lovely Reader will fall asleep immediately when she caresses just under her chin, the bridge of her nose, her temples, behind her ears- whatever you like. At first, she's slightly startled by how Reader goes from perfectly alert to sleeping like a log, but uses this new trick to help Reader get the rest she needs. <3

Thank you so much for the prompt hon, and I'm SO SORRY with how long this took me to get around to actually writing, I've had this in my to-write folder since literally May of last year 😭💖 I hope you enjoy!

__________

A/N: Happy Friday night guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter! 🥰 Thank you as always for the love and support!!

**TRIGGER WARNING: insomnia, talk of prescription medications**

__________

Twisting around in yours and Alcina's bed, you flip over to your other side with a little groan, reaching up to rub at your burning, exhausted eyes.

Alcina's laying beside you, propped up on a few pillows with her reading glasses perched on the bridge of her wonderful nose, reading a novel with the muted yellow glow of her bedside lamp. Wordlessly, you watch her for a few seconds, taking in the beautiful arch of her cheekbones and the swooping slant of her nose, her jaw sharp and elegant. Her eyes, no longer framed by her day's makeup, flickering across the words on the pages, her tongue darting out to wet her bottom lip and you shift closer, too sleepy to feel anything more than a small bundle of arousal deep in your belly. Letting out a small sigh, Alcina turns a page and keeps reading.

She looks so peaceful, so at-ease that you try as hard as you possibly can to make your plight with sleep as personal to only yourself as you can.

Her golden eyes flint downwards and she blinks at you, however, her brows drawing in a furrow of concern as she sees that you're awake. Reaching out after closing and bookmarking her page, she clicks her tongue, drawing you up and into her embrace, her strong arms wrapping around you. Cuddling against her side, you listen to the low, soothing rumble of her elegant voice.

"Trouble sleeping again, darling?" She asks, brushing back your hair.

"I—I'm sorry." You swallow, hiding your face as it burns in embarrassment. "I didn't mean to disturb your reading."

"You could never disturb me." Alcina says, cradling your face in her hand, brushing her thumb softly against your jaw as she carefully tilts your chin up so that you're looking at her again. Her honeyed gaze studies your own. "Is it your insomnia again, my one true?"

"Hmm, uh-huh—" You nod, resting your cheek against her chest, drawing one of your legs up so that you're half-straddling her thigh, her nightgown having risen enough for your bare skin to brush hers. "It sucks."

"I'm sorry, beloved." Alcina coos, leaning down to press a cool, sweet kiss against your brow. Adjusting the covers around you, your Lady hums. "Do you think a cup of tea would help? Or maybe something cooler to drink?"

You shrug, letting out a harsh sigh. "Don't think so. Tried the tea thing last week — it just made me need to get up more to pee."

"Ah yes, we can't have that."

"We can't." You agree with another small sigh, fiddling with the edge of the dark red blanket. Catching your fidgeting hands with her own, Alcina brings your fingers up to her lips, pecking at your knuckles. You swallow. "I don't know what to do, Alcina."