Chapter Ninety: To Be Stargazing

SUMMARY: This wasn't a request or prompt, I just wanted to write something short and sweet since I was going to be busy this weekend 😂

__________

A/N: Hi y'all, happy Monday! 🥰 I hope everyone's had a very safe and wonderful past week! I got to meet Maggie Robertson (Alcina's VA) this past Saturday and Sunday at a Con and it was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE 🥹💖🥰 Maggie was so sweet and I got a new signed print from her, plus took some selfies - I legit barely come up to her shoulders lmaooo she thought it was funny and called me a "wee little thing" haha I told her about this fic and she drew Vampy (her little vampire heart character) reading it with tiny glasses on, it's so adorable!

Anyways, please enjoy this little chapter and thank you so much, as always, for the love and support!❤️❤️

__________

"You're absolutely certain you're not cold, draga?"

Giggling, you lean back more against Alcina's chest, nuzzling against her smooth skin. "M'Lady, it's still summertime."

Your wife huffs through her nose like a pretty, angry bull, wrapping her arms gently around your waist and giving a soft squeeze. The night sky above her, when you blink upwards to meet her gaze, shimmers in stars, glistening like far-off jewels and you sigh softly. Leaning up, you pucker your lips, waiting expectantly for a kiss and Alcina lovingly rolls her golden eyes, giving you a sweet kiss that makes your insides melt.

You sigh in bliss again as you rest your cheek against your wife's chest once she pulls away, breathing in the fresh air, the breeze along the top of the Dimitrescu castle's uppermost floor bearing the faint scent of pine and late-summer fog. Alcina rests her own chin against the crown of your head, giving your hairline a peck before humming.

"I'm grateful we opted to bring an extra blanket." She murmurs, drawing gentle shapes on your hips with her gloveless fingers.

"Me too." You laugh, shifting your weight against her thigh, wiggling your toes in your fuzzy socks. "Stargazing with a numb ass would suck."

Alcina chuckles, patting at your side. "We can't have that, hmm?"

"No ma'am."

Your wife laughs again, kissing your brow. Her long legs are crossed at the ankles over the thick, comforter-style blanket settled along the gray stone of the castle's very top floor. The open sky above is just bright enough from the waxing gibbous for you to watch as she grins, her fangs glistening a silver in the moonlight.

"Truthfully, beloved, I don't believe I'll even need to glance upwards at the cosmos if you keep staring at me with those beautiful eyes."

"Alcina!" Your entire face, neck and the tips of your ears burn with a blush, and you squeak, shoving your face between your wife's breasts as she coos. You groan, trying desperately to pretend to be annoyed despite your embarrassment. "You can't just say something like that."

Alcina tuts, cradling your chin in her palm. She gently but firmly tugs your face from your hiding place, kissing the tip of your nose. "I'll say whatever I please. Especially when it's praising your beauty, iubirea mea."

"We're supposed to be stargazing, M'Lady. Not turning my face into the damn sun."

She pinches your ass a little harder this time for your vulgar language, soothing the sting with a sweet rub of her thumb when you whine. Despite her romantic words, she does blink up at the stars above now, letting out a quiet puff and gathers you deeper into her hold, her cheek against the top of your head again. You follow her gaze, tracing the many millions of sparkling dots, relaxing against the familiar, strong warmth of your Lady.

"Can you name any of the constellations, darling?" She whispers after a while, rubbing her hands up-and-down your arms.

"Does the North Star count?"

Alcina playfully sighs. "No, that's a singular star, draga, so that doesn't count. Do you know any constellations?"

You frown in consideration, clicking your tongue. "Maybe? I haven't been to the planetarium since middle school."

"Oh, yes." Alcina preens a bit, obviously pleased with herself for recognizing a word you could consider more modern. "I never did have the pleasure of visiting one during my own human years — they were hard to come-by and I just never had the time or the means. I did hear about the gigantic telescopes, however. Absolutely fascinating."

"Uh-huh." You nod, fiddling with Alcina's long fingers as she stretches her hand across your abdomen, her beautiful face hallowed in the starry sky. "I think they use screens now, though. Like big TVs — they play videos of the stars and stuff. They might even have new stuff that I haven't seen either, since I haven't been to one in years."

"Hmm, perhaps." She's pouting now, her ruby-lips pursed in annoyance at being behind-the-times again and you giggle, leaning up to kiss the sharp underside of her jaw. Alcina rumbles, her lashes fluttering and she clears her throat. "The constellations, sweet girl?"

"Oh, yeah." Squinting up at the sky, you trace the stars, willing a few of the few patterns you can recognize into the forefront of your mind. Finally, your eyes settle on one at the far-end of the sky, high above the shadowed treeline. You point, puffing your chest out. "There. The Big Dipper."

"Good job, baby." Alcina gushes, rewarding you with a kiss against your temple and you grin. Your elevation falls, however, as your wife flicks her wrist, obviously looking for more. "Anything else?"

". . .the Little Dipper."

Your Lady chuckles, giving you another kiss against your brow. " Ursul mic. The Little Bear, as it's called here. Very good." Lifting one large hand from your hip, Alcina points toward where the Big Dipper rests before going a bit south at its handle. "The Constelația Fecioarei. The Maiden Constellation, also known as Virgo. She represents harvests and the changes of the winter season to spring."

"Oh." You follow your wife as she traces the lines of stars in the sky, more focused on her own beauty and the way her lovely voice sounds in the moonlit air. Leaning your cheek against the warmth of her breast, you listen as she recounts a few more constellations for you, obviously enjoying the way you blink up at her with lovestruck attention, letting out a tiny sigh. "It's beautiful."

Alcina's golden gaze focuses on you again, filled with the deepest romantic adoration that you know is undeniably only reserved for you alone. "Truly the most beautiful sight I've ever seen."

You swallow, a warm swoop making your chest ache in the best way. "The—The stars, right? M'Lady?"

"Hmm." Your wife merely hums, cradling your jaw and chin in her fingers. She leans down, her long nose brushing against yours, her words ghosting over your lips and you can't help the way you lean in closer, drawn to her like a magnet. "What do you think the answer is, beloved?"

"Point taken." You whisper, reaching upwards to grasp at Alcina's arms, feeling the lean, feminine muscles flex under her dress. Your legs are on either side of one of her thighs now, and you blink up at her, the coy little grin on your face making her honeyed-eyes sparkle in the starlight. "But what if I wasn't talking about the stars, either?"

You catch her delighted chuckling against your lips, feeling the hand cupping your face tug you closer, her other around your waist pulling you upwards. You can't help but to echo her own laughter, the both of you bathed in the glisten of the moon and stars. 

__________

A/N: Thank you for reading! ❤️❤️❤️