Chapter Sixty Seven: To Be Appealed

SUMMARY: Prompt by: no one lmao I've had this cute idea in my head for 3 weeks and finally finished writing it haha

__________

A/N: Hi y'all, happy Mondayyy, I hope you enjoy this cute, fluffy and funny chapter! 🥰 Thank you so much as always for the love and support, it means the world to me! 💙💚💜 As of today (March 25th 2024), I'm NOT going to be taking any more requests for this fic right now - since I have WAY TOO MANY I need to write 😅 I'll absolutely let y'all know when that changes but yeah, right now, no new requests please!

If you've already sent me a request, I'm definitely still writing it though, please don't worry!

__________

"Mama!"

Your head snapping up from where you're cozy with your latest novel and laid across yours and Alcina's shared bed, you close the book with a quick flick, your head tilted. Part of you is convinced you're hearing things, that the one single cup of coffee and tea cake you'd consumed this morning — that you know your wife's going to scold you about — has finally come back to haunt you.

Instead, you hear Bela's voice again, her sisters echoing her cry, raised in panic from across the castle's personal wing and you jolt toward the door, your socked-feet nearly sending you sprawling across the pristine hardwood flooring.

"Mama!"

"Bela? Cass? Daniela?" Raising your voice, you pant as you come to a stop next to your daughters shared bathroom, leaning against the door as you catch your breath. Inside, you listen as the one of your daughters gives a scared yelp, her footsteps fading as she backs further away from the door. Raising a hand to knock, you frown. "What's wrong?"

"I—We need your help." Bela says, her voice high and wobbly, muffled from the wood separating the two-of-you and your frown grows.

"Of course. What—uh—I mean, do you want me to come in?"

"Duh." Cassandra answers this time, stomping over to the door and wrenching it open. Her dark hair untamed and her lips curled in a scared snarl, she hisses. "Come on, Mama, before it—it moves again, fuck, we just wanted to go for a swim because its so goddamn cold outside—"

Grabbing your sweater, she pulls you inside so quickly you get a little dizzy. She's backing away before you've even stopped moving, her wide golden eyes staring at something in pure terror over your shoulder. She snarls, her hand tightening on her scribe. Behind her, both Bela and Daniela stand in-front of the bathtub, huddling close together, Daniela looking near-tears while Bela just looks angry.

"Ma—Mama—" Daniela whimpers as you back up toward them, reaching out to wrap her arms around your waist, practically dragging you down with her. She snarls weakly, nuzzling her cheek against your side. "Please get it out."

"What's going on?" You ask, weary and feeling a cold fear sneak up your spine. Whatever it is that's making your normally bloodthirsty daughtersthis terrified has to be something unspeakable. Running a soothing hand through Daniela's red hair, you search around the bathroom, trying to find anything out-of-the-ordinary. "What do you want me to get out?"

"The—The—fuck, fuck there it is, there it is, kill it kill it kill it —" Bela starts, but she interrupts herself with a shrill scream, pointing furiously toward the corner closest to the door while her sisters copy her, all three of them backing up behind you and hissing like scared, angry kittens. Grabbing at your arm, she gives you a shove forward, her fingers trembling. "Please kill it, Mama."