Chapter Ninety Five: To Be Startled

SUMMARY: Prompt by the lovely @77w51354: random thought for a chapter but I can just imagine the three girls getting told by like Donna or Karl that cats always land on there feet so the girls put finch on like a really high ceiling fan or like a chandelier and alcina needs to come save finch before maiden has a panic attack, just I a idea change it how ever you'd like

I hope you enjoy and thank you so much for the adorable prompt! 🥰

__________

A/N: Hi guys, happy Monday to everyone! 💖🥰 I hope you've all had a very safe and wonderful week and I hope you enjoy this fluffy silly chapter! Thank you, as always, for the mind-blowing love and support for me and this fic, please enjoy and don't be afraid to chat with me in the comments, I love hearing from y'all! 👀❤️

__________

". . .fucking told you this was a bad idea, Dani."

"He'll land on his feet, dumbass, it'll be fine."

"If Mama finds out— Oh."

Pausing half-way down the foyer stairs, in the little balcony-area between the first and second floors, you glance between your youngest and middle daughter, raising an eyebrow at the way they both refuse to meet your gaze. Crossing your arms, you continue down the steps, already feeling the stress headache brewing behind your temples.

"What're you two doing?" You ask as you come to stop in-front of them. Despite being a good, few-inches taller than you, both your daughters shrivel like guilty puppies, thumbing the handles of their scribes. Turning toward Daniela, knowing you can most likely weed out a confession from her more than Cassandra, you clear your throat. "Daniela?"

"Uh—" The red-head swallows, looking like she'd rather be buzzing off anywhere else. Pointing a finger toward Cassandra, her strategy is the immediate blame-game. "It was all Cassie's idea."

"You bitch." Cassandra hisses, baring her fangs at her sister. She cools down as she turns toward you, however, shuffling from foot-to-foot. "Promise you won't freak the fuck out?"

Your eyes narrow, anxiety making your stomach churn. "Tell me."

"We got the idea from Uncle Heisenberg, actually." Cass starts, the information doing nothing to ease your anxiety. Her golden eyes dart upwards and then back toward your face, and you watch as Daniela does the same, one of her flies buzzing around her cheek. "And now that we're thinking about it, it was a very, very stupid idea—"

". . .and we're really, really fucking sorry, Mama. Really, really, really sorry—" Daniela cuts in, obviously catching the way your face starts to brew in anger. "We just wanted to see if it would really work."

"Since Uncle Karl said that it would."

"Yeah, and we tried it on the steps earlier, it was so cool."

Cassandra nods, her hands reaching out to gently but firmly grasp your shoulders, trying to turn you away from wherever it is she and Daniela keep looking at. "So, let's just — how about we go get some tea together. I can show you the new knife I'm working on—"

"Wait—" Digging your heels in, you forcefully jerk yourself from your middle child's hands, reaching up to pinch the bridge of your nose. You point upwards with your other hand. "If I look up right now, I'm going to be mad?"

Both your daughters nod as one, hunching their shoulders. You rub at your face this time, giving a groan of irritation, already imagining the terror those two could do on their own. Steeling your jaw, you take a deep breath before glancing upwards, listening as Cassandra and Daniela grumble. At first, all you can see is the familiar, surprisingly non-destroyed ceiling of the Dimitrescu castle's foyer, the fire from the hearth to your left casting long shadows on the wood.