chapter 17

I closed the doors to his apartment quietly and thought about our conversation. However, I was ripped from my thoughts by the sound of my phone dinging.

"One coffee and one slice of coffee cake."

It was from Queen Maeve. I thumbs upped her message and made my way to the coffee shop down the street. While going, I sent a group message to all of the seven asking if they wanted anything from the shop aswell. They all read it, but only Starlight replied with a 'no, thank you'.

I stood in line and felt kind of embarrassed to be faced with the same barista from before. I was going to be seeing a lot of that guy, and it annoyed me a little bit. He was a quick worker, but his small talk was a bit distracting.

"It's you!" He said happily.

"Yup." I said shortly and added my order.

"Not much of a talker, huh?" He asked but continued to smile kindly.

"No. I like to focus on my work." I said and gave him an apologetic smile.

"Ah, I thought it might be your break this time." He said and packed my order.

"Nope. Running errands is kind of my thing." I said and gave a light chuckle.
I paid and wished him a nice day.

"Until next time!" He said with a bright smile as I left.

I hurried back to Queen Maeve and delivered her coffee and cake.
She mumbled a thank you, and I took my leave.
She and A-Train didn't seem to think much of proper etiquette, but sometimes, that's just what rich people are like. Even if I thought that the seven might be different.

I thought back to what Homelander had said. He was right. I ought to be smarter than that.