chapter 25

I stepped out of his apartment, and my phone dinged. I half expected a message from A-Train, but it was just Starlight.

"Need to show you something!"

I walked over to her apartment, and she opened the door before I could even knock.
"Come in, come in, come in!" She said all giddy with excitement.
She jumped over to the kitchentable and proudly presented her new and improved Supe costume.
"Wow! Starlight! That looks awesome!" I said and carefully examined the outfit.

"You only say that because you designed it." She teased and laughed.

I joined in on her tesing, "Duuh." But laughed right after. "But seriously, that's so cool! You did an amazing job!" I praised, and she looked away shy.

"Thank you. Should I try it on?" She asked, and I nodded eagerly.

She came out and looked absolutely dashing. The outfit was revealing enough that Vought would zip it, but decent enough that Starlight felt comfortable.
"It's perfect!" I said, and she lit up with a grand smile.

"Great! And since I've already got it on, we're going to do a reveal. Live!" She said and pulled out her phone.

"Wait. Starlight, I don't think that's a good idea. Noones approved that yet!" I tried to reason, but she had already started a livestream.

"Hey there! Just wanted to update you on my new wardrobe!" She said and handed me the phone so she could do a little twirl. "Amazing, right? I designed it with the help of a good friend, but I did all the sewing. Like the original costume! Tell me how you like my new outfit! I'm excited to read your opinions." She said and ended the live.

"We're gonna die. No, wait, you are one of the seven." I said and buried my head in my hands. "I'm gonna die." I refrased.

"Don't worry, y/n. They're gonna have to go through me first." She said and laughed. As if that would make anything better.

I was about to say something, but my phone started buzzing. It was Ashley.
"It's Ashley! Calling to tell me I'm fired! Or worse!" I said, and Starlight went pale. Guess she didn't think the costume reveal would actually get us in trouble.

"Don't answer!" She said nervously.

"I have to." I said and answered the call. "Heeey Ashley..." I drew out nervously.

"Come to my office right now!" She yelled and ended the call.

"I better go." I said and took off.