chapter 50

As the seven made their way to their places, I noticed starlight look at me for a brief moment before averting her gaze completely from my direction.
I also couldn't help but notice the Deep, glanzing my way every now and then.
I ignored him, like the rest of the seven ignored me.
I took notes on some of the things I thought were important or would be of use to Homelander.

The meeting ended, and I waited in my corner for Homelander to either walk out or tell me to leave. The room was empty except for the two of us, and when the doors closed, Homelander stood from his chair.
I pushed myself off the wall I had lightly rested against and waited for some sort of order.

"Any word from the service?" He asked.

"Not yet, sir. Do you want me to go and ask personally?" I suggested.
Homelander made his way over to me.

"No. Don't trouble yourself, y/n. It's alright." He said and rested his hand on the wall next to me. "You know. I actually knew they wouldn't respond. I mean, after all, I'm the one who told them not to do anything about it." He almost growled, and his tongue licked his teeth.

"I don't think I understand." I admitted as Homelander came closer, trapping me in the corner.

"Oh. Not so clever then, huh?" He asked teasingly and leaned down to my ear and breathed on my neck.
If he said something, I didn't hear it. My heart was beating too loudly.
"Am I scaring you again?" He cooed into my ear.

"No, sir." I whispered, my voice suddenly becoming stuck in my throat.

"Oh. Is that so?" He asked, and I could feel the smirk he wore while saying it.