chapter 55

"I was wondering, are we going out or eating somewhere in the tower?" I asked.

"Oh. No, we're going to her house." He said casually.

"Oh. Then shouldn't we get going. I mean, how long does it take to get there?" I asked.

"Ah, not long, don't worry." He replied.

"And what about traffic?" I thought out loud.

"There's no traffic in the sky, y/n." He laughed. "But sure. Let's go, if that makes you happy." He said, chuckling lightly.

"We're flying? But how? I mean, I know you can, but I can't!" I argued.

Homelander grabbed me by my waist after he opened one of the windows.
"Relax, y/n." He said with a big grin. "Just hold on tight." He added, and within seconds, we were up in the cool night sky.

Most people would scream either out of surprise or fear. But I couldn't. The air got caught in my throat, and I didn't make a sound. If I had screamed, we might have fallen, as homelander would have no chance against the skrieking.

Thankfully, none of that happened.
It was truly special, racing through the air. The stars, which had become visible, were only a blur. I held tighlty onto Homelander, not just for safety. If I'm being honest, his bodywarmth had me pressed closer to him than was probably necessary, but the air was just so cold.

We landed, but I still held onto him. My legs felt wobbly, and I tried to let go of him slowly. Not the wobbly feeling was replaced by a static, like when your limbs fall asleep and it feels like little ants crawl all over that part.
"You okay?" He asked and took my arm in his for support.

"Just not used to flying." I laughed, "Thank you, Homelander." I added with a smile.

"Well, with me by your side, you'll get used to it quickly. I don't like traffic." He chuckled.