chapter 70

"Okay, should I prepare for that?" I  asked, and he shook his head.

"Nope. You're free to do whatever until later." He chuckled and kissed me on the lips. Then he turned to leave for his meetings.

I checked the calendar but didn't find anything to do. I went back to my apartment and watched a movie.
My phone buzzed.

*Meeting done. But Bitchley is already dragging me to that other meeting.*

*:/* I replied and decided to try and talk to Starlight.

I walked down the hallway, and sure enough, there was Starlight, talking to herself.
"Starlight!" I said as I came up behind her.

"Y/n." She said, but her mood seemed to stiffen. "Do you need anything?" She asked.

"I uhm...no. I wanted to talk to you." I said, but she huffed.

"Then I'm not interested."

"Starlight wait. I know you're upset. But please. Can we talk? I mean, really talk." I asked while I walked in front of her.

She paused for a second and then nodded. We went to her room and I closed the door.

"Alright. Talk." She asked, extremely annoyed.

"Well, I could talk and talk, but that would probably make things worse. So just tell me how you feel, and I'll try to figure out how to handle the situation. Would that be okay?" I burst out while Starlight sat down at the table.

"Wow." She said and moved her mouth more than necessary. "You're unbelievable." She said angrily. "You know. Normal people would apologize."

"We'll. I don't see what I would have to apologize for. That's why I want you to explain your feelings regarding our last interaction and the resulting end to our friendship." I explained, but she looked just as pissed as before.
"Okay. I take it you don't want that. Well, if you do want to talk things out, you can text me." I said and left.