chapter 71

I walked back to my apartment. But on my way, Maeve caught my eye.

"Hey, Maeve." I said and waved.

"Red Canary." She replied.

"You don't have to call me that. Way too long anyway." I said and stopped walking past her.

"Alright. Canary then. You're one of us now, so forget about y/n y/ln. You wear the suit, you got the name. That's you now." She said and waved it off.

"Uhm, okay?" I replied and continued my walk down.

"Hey! Siren. Red. Red Canary." I heard from behind me. And then I felt a tap on my back.
It was Deep.

"Deep. Hey. 'Sup." I said and stepped back while we stopped talking.

"How are you?" He asked with a big grin.

"Good. And maybe pick one option. Either my whole name or just one part of it, okay?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Sure. Well, since you asked so nicely, I'm good too. Thank you." Deep replied sarcastically.

"Oh. Yes, sorry. But good. I'm glad you're doing well." I said. "Well. I gotta go. See you around." I said and waved.

I continued my walk, and when I got to my apartment, the next of the seven blocked my path, and I felt like a Pokémon trainer in the high grass.
I saw him before I heard him, it was A-train.
A-train didn't say anything. He only stopped to throw me a very dissaproving and ugly look.

'Rude.' I thought and scrunched up my nose while I turned to unlock my door.
I nearly died when I turned to close it behind me.

"Black Noir!" I exclaimed after sucking in a sharp breath.
Black Noir waved.
"You scared me half to death." I sighed. "You wanna come in?" I asked, and he walked straight to the couch and sat down."

He wrote something on his block and held it up. 'Congratulations!'
"On what?" I asked, and he went back to writing. 'The Seven: Red Canary'.
"Wait. As in, I am in the seven as Red Canary? Is that why all of you started calling me that?" I asked, and he nodded. Then he got up and left.

Before he closed the door, he waved, and I said goodbye.