chapter 72

I plopped down onto my couch and read one of my books.
Then there was a knock on my door, not wanting to get up. I just yelled. "It's open!"

In stepped Homelander with a smile. "What are you doing?" He asked and came closer.

"I'm reading. It's kinda chlichè but I like it." I said and held up my book.

"The wolves in sheeps clothing." He read out loud. "What's it about?" He asked, intrigued as he sat down next to me.

"Well, you'll have to read it to find out." I said and laughed.

"Alright." He shrugged and snatched the book from my hand.

"Hey! I was reading that." I protested.

"And now I am." He read the back and put it down on the table.

"Literally every teenage thriller movie ever." He sighed and leaned back.

"It's not as bad as it sounds. Once I'm done, you can borrow it." I said and hugged onto him.

"No, no. Don't fall asleep on me now. We still have stuff to do." Homelander chuckled.

"What?" I asked, fearing I had forgotten a meeting.

"The hot chocolate place I wanted to show you." He replied, and I sighed.

"Right. I totally forgot. When do you wanna go?" I asked and pushed myself off his chest.

"Whenever you're ready." He said and got up from the couch.

"Then, let's go." I said and followed him around the room.

Homelander walked around the room, and I followed him.

"Are you lost?" He asked, "or will you follow me wherever I go?" He laughed.

"Well, I don't know where we're going." I argued.

"Right now. We're still in your apartment. So, you should know where you go." He argued back.

"Oh, stop it." I laughed. "If you don't want to show me, then I'll get back to reading." I said and walked to the couch.

"No, you don't." Homelander grabbed me by my waist and hugged onto me.

"Homelander!" I laughed and yelled.

"Y/n." He countered lovingly.

"Oh no, actually. It's Red Canary now. You were the one to get me there... right?" I asked curiously.

"How did you figure that out?" He fake asked.

"Ha ha ha. You should've seen the look A-train threw me after your meeting." I joked.

Homelander's eyes narrowed. "Why was he with you?"

"He wasn't. We met out in the hallway. After you texted me about 'Bitchley', I wanted to talk with Starlight, but she didn't. Whatever." I explained sourly.

"Starlight." He said, eyes still narrowed.

"Yeah. You know we used to be friends... sort of." I said reluctantly.

"I didn't. Not really. But as you put it, oh so poetically, 'whatever'." He mocked.

"WhAtEvEr." I mocked back.

"Double mocking is just making fun of what you said first." He chuckled.

"DoUblE MOckiNg iS jUSt hdbbdnjdjd." I said with a frown, and Homelander laughed.

"Don't be like that. Come one, let's go." He said and smiled

"Alright. I'll follow your lead." I said and smiled.